The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:19 PM

Customising shipping methods for certain items.

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my storefront but I'm having trouble with the shipping. I live in the UK and shipping here is a little complex. For instance, I have 2 items, both weigh 120g but one will ship via large letter format at £1.22 let's say, and the other has to go small parcel format which costs £3.45, shipping fees are also very different for international shipping depending on zones as well. I need to be able to either create zoned shipping fees directly for the particular products or I need to be able to pick and choose which shipping options are available to which products. I can't see a way to do either so I'm hoping that someone can help me with this?

Kind regards,

Andrew.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Skevington View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to set up my storefront but I'm having trouble with the shipping. I live in the UK and shipping here is a little complex. For instance, I have 2 items, both weigh 120g but one will ship via large letter format at £1.22 let's say, and the other has to go small parcel format which costs £3.45, shipping fees are also very different for international shipping depending on zones as well. I need to be able to either create zoned shipping fees directly for the particular products or I need to be able to pick and choose which shipping options are available to which products. I can't see a way to do either so I'm hoping that someone can help me with this?

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew!

This is Kenga from Ecwid team. Thanks for your message.

As I understand, you'd like to create different shipping methods based on the destination zones so they are applied on a per product basis. If so, to our regret, our default shipping settings do not allow setting up this way. The shipping rates you create in your Ecwid Control panel > Shipping & Pickup section are applied to all your products globally.

Yet it is possible to set your own shipping rules with the help of the Shipper HQ application. Please, find the instruction here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...1169-ShipperHQ

You need to create 2 different shipping groups in your ShipperHQ account: GROUP_A for Product A (with shipping rate £1.22) and GROUP_B for Product B (with shipping rate £3.45) (as an example).

Then you should set up the shipping methods and zones for every shipping group in ShipperHQ.

After that, go back to your Ecwid Control panel and create a new attribute "SHIPPERHQ_SHIPPING_GROUP" in your Ecwid Control panel > Settings > Product types. See the screenshot:

Go to your Ecwid Control panel > Catalog > Products, choose the Product A and switch to the "Attributes" tab, you need to enter the value for the SHIPPERHQ_SHIPPING_GROUP attribute, in your case, the value is GROUP_A.

Do the same for the Product B. In this case, the attribute value is GROUP_B

Here you can find more detailed cases on how to set up shipping tables in ShipperHQ http://docs.shipperhq.com/page/1/?s=freight+class

If you need our assistance in this, let us know, we will be happy to help you. For that, we will need to get an access to your ShipperHQ account. So once you are ready, send us the credentials to support@ecwid.com.

Also, I've shared your request to create such complex shipping rules with the help of the built-in options in Ecwid with our team. If they decide to implement such changes in Ecwid, we will contact you with an update. I can't give you any ETA on this, sorry.

If you have any questions, feel free to write back. Have a great day!

Ecwid team
Old 09-20-2018, 02:33 PM

I would like to voice my opinion on specific shipping methods for specific products too. For example, I primarily ship books, which use "USPS Media Mail" most of the time. Media mail has special restrictions for shipping books, etc. I also ship coffee mugs and other accessories that cannot use Media mail, however, the Media mail shipping method appears for all products and it's almost always cheaper than other shipping methods. When a customer sees the the cheaper shipping method (Media mail), they almost always select it, and I lose money. It would be nice if there was a way that I could allow Media mail shipping methods for books only, which is the way it should be.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Bill,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

I've added you to the waiting list of this feature, so that you will receive a notification as soon as any news appear. Also, I've shared your feedback with our Product Team. Thanks a lot for providing us with a detailed explanation of why you need this feature.

I'd like to let you know, that you can notify your customers, that they can't choose Media Mail for mugs and accessories with the help of the Checkout Notices application.

Hope I was helpful. If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:29 PM

Hi, Can I also be added to that list. I need the same feature, not for books but pretty much the same where some items can't use the cheaper shipping method, but it's always visible on all products.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olkades1 View Post
Hi, Can I also be added to that list. I need the same feature, not for books but pretty much the same where some items can't use the cheaper shipping method, but it's always visible on all products.
Olkades,

Sure, I have added your email to the feature request list, too. So we'll let you know when this feature is released.
Let us know if you need anything else.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:46 PM

Do you have a time lie for when this feature could be added?
Old 11-23-2018, 03:07 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olkades1 View Post
Do you have a time lie for when this feature could be added?
Hello there!

You are referring to the feature allowing to assign shipping methods per product. We are going to add it to Ecwid. To my regret, we can't provide you with any ETA.

We will surely post an update in this thread as soon as the feature allowing is released. Please stay tuned!

Old 12-04-2018, 12:02 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi everyone,

Cooper from the Ecwid team here.

Many of you requested a feature of assigning shipping methods per product. Good news! This feature has been implemented. You can see the new shipping settings in each product settings > "Tax & Shipping" tab. See it on the screenshot: http://take.ms/kzqZb

We do not have an instruction for this feature yet. You can set up either whitelist or blacklist of shipping methods for each product:
  • Whitelist — only those shipping methods specified will be available for this product.
  • Blacklist — all the shipping methods except the ones specified will be available for this product.

At the moment, the only way you can change this per product shipping is going to each product's settings.

Now if you specify either white or blacklist for some products, it will work like this on checkout:
  • If you add several products to the shopping cart, only those shipping methods will be offered that are enabled for all the products in the cart.
  • If there are no common shipping methods for all the products in the cart, there will be an error message and the customer will need to split the order to 2 or more so that each one had a shipping method.

Of course, we're going to improve this feature in the future, so your comments or suggestions are welcome.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cooper G For This Useful Post:
Bill Watts (12-06-2018), Hewa Bora (12-12-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 02:25 PM

This new feature works great and works exactly as I was hoping! Thank you Ecwid Team!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.