The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2014, 04:54 AM
dkrashb's Avatar
dkrashb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Default

Test Order Fails at Initial Setup with Wordpress.com


I setup a product. I returned to the initial setup steps to execute a test order from the setup wizard.

I get a page that opens in my Wordpress.com site and gives the error message, "Sorry, that Product's not available."

In addition, it shows demo categories (not the category I setup) next to the shopping bag.

When I go to the page on my site that is supposed to have my store, all I see are demo categories; nothing I setup:
http://snapgreatphotos.com/store/

This is what I see when I go to my products page in ecwid:

https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#t1=C...mers=Customers

Why can I not see what I setup in my storefront?
  #2  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne Blankenbaker View Post
I setup a product. I returned to the initial setup steps to execute a test order from the setup wizard.

I get a page that opens in my Wordpress.com site and gives the error message, "Sorry, that Product's not available."

In addition, it shows demo categories (not the category I setup) next to the shopping bag.

When I go to the page on my site that is supposed to have my store, all I see are demo categories; nothing I setup:
http://snapgreatphotos.com/store/

This is what I see when I go to my products page in ecwid:

https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#t1=C...mers=Customers

Why can I not see what I setup in my storefront?
Thank you for your message. We are investigating this issue and I will post an update into this thread as soon as more detailed information is available.
__________________
Bulat F.,
Ecwid Team

help portal
  #3  
Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne Blankenbaker View Post
I setup a product. I returned to the initial setup steps to execute a test order from the setup wizard.

I get a page that opens in my Wordpress.com site and gives the error message, "Sorry, that Product's not available."

In addition, it shows demo categories (not the category I setup) next to the shopping bag.

When I go to the page on my site that is supposed to have my store, all I see are demo categories; nothing I setup:
http://snapgreatphotos.com/store/

This is what I see when I go to my products page in ecwid:

https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#t1=C...mers=Customers

Why can I not see what I setup in my storefront?
I’m sorry to hear that you experienced this issue with your store. Your store was installed successfully at http://snapgreatphotos.com/store/ yet it has another store ID that you can fix quickly. Please see details below.

The purpose of the “Test order” button that appears on one of the last steps of setup wizard in your Ecwid control panel is to make a test purchase in your store to verify that you configured your store correctly. This button is formed based on the URL of your store that you specified during the setup wizard. Right now your store URL points to http://snapgreatphotos.com/store/ . This URL is the correct one for your store and the “Test order” button should open your product page. Right now it directs to the page that shows “Sorry, the requested product is not available” . This happens because your storefront is linked to a store with a different ID (our demo store) in your Wordpress back-end.

There are two ways to add Ecwid to a wordpress.com web-site: use our setup wizard in Ecwid control panel as described here and through Wordpress back-end following these instructions. The first way will automatically generate Ecwid integration code with the ID of your store. The second one generates the integration code with the ID of your store as well after you look it up in your Ecwid control panel and specify it in Wordpress back-end.

To link your storefront to your store ID you should do the following:

- Login to your Ecwid control panel.
- Go to Dashboard page.
- Copy your Store ID (it’s shown in the Account summary section to the right).
- Paste it into the Store ID field on Settings -> Ecwid store page of your Wordpress back-end.

After that follow instructions described here to add your Ecwid store to any of the pages of your web-site.

To find out why you had your store linked to the ID of a demo store (the code for the integration is always generated with the ID of your own store) we will need some information from you. Could you describe the steps that you followed to setup Ecwid store in your Wordpress site?
__________________
Bulat F.,
Ecwid Team

help portal
  #4  
Old 02-03-2015, 02:16 AM
J. H. Hayes's Avatar
J. H. Hayes J. H. Hayes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Default

Hello, I'm having the same exact problem as posted in this thread. When I click on 'Place Test Order' the browser goes to my webpage, but it shows the error "Sorry, the requested product is not available." Also, when I click on the page I set up to hold my products, it just shows the generic catalog that Ecwid put there.

My site is azariablog.com

and the products page is azariablog.com/purchase/

I've followed the instructions given above and made sure the correct store ID is in settings->Ecwid but it's still not working

My site is hosted on WordPress

Last edited by Wendy; 02-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.
  #5  
Old 02-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Wendy's Avatar
Wendy Wendy is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. H. Hayes View Post
Hello, I'm having the same exact problem as posted in this thread. When I click on 'Place Test Order' the browser goes to my webpage, but it shows the error "Sorry, the requested product is not available." Also, when I click on the page I set up to hold my products, it just shows the generic catalog that Ecwid put there.

My site is azariablog.com

and the products page is azariablog.com/purchase/

I've followed the instructions given above and made sure the correct store ID is in settings->Ecwid but it's still not working

My site is hosted on WordPress
Hello!
Thank you for contacting Ecwid Customer Care Team!

And I am so sorry that you are facing troubles.

I inspected your website, which is http://azariablog.com/purchase/ and as I can see, there is Ecwid demo store installed instead of your own store. This fact causes the error "Sorry, the requested product is not available", which appears when you try to place a test order from Ecwid setup wizard in your Ecwid control panel > Dashboard page. The detailed information about this error is available in Corwin's post above.

In order to add your Ecwid store to your Wordpress.com website you should perform actions, which are described in the following instruction: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ss-com-hosted-

Alternatively you can use the short step by step instruction, which I will give you below, and add your store to your site:

1) Copy the following code:
Code:
[ecwid id="6573087" 
categories_per_row="3" 
category_view="grid" 
search_view="list" 
grid="3,3" list="10" table="20" 
widgets="productbrowser"]
2) Log into your WordPress.com site.
3) Make sure your Ecwid plugin is activated on your WordPress.com Business site.
4) Paste the code given by me into a post or a page that you'd like your store to appear.
5) Save and Publish the page and go see your new store!

The integration code of Ecwid store can be found in your Ecwid control panel > Dashboard > Setup wizard. Click "Create store" icon > Yes, I have a website > Wordpress.com

Once you install your own store to your website, you will be able to successfully place a test order.

Please, let us know if you have further questions or need assistance. We are always glad to help you!
__________________
Wendy
Ecwid Customer Care Team
Help Center


⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
  #6  
Old 02-04-2015, 06:04 PM
J. H. Hayes's Avatar
J. H. Hayes J. H. Hayes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Default

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your help! However, I've followed all of the instructions and it is not working. What else am I missing?

Thanks,
-John
  #7  
Old 02-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Wendy's Avatar
Wendy Wendy is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. H. Hayes View Post
Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your help! However, I've followed all of the instructions and it is not working. What else am I missing?

Thanks,
-John
Hi John,
I am so sorry to hear that the issue is not solved yet.

As I can see, you already installed Ecwid store on your website: http://azariablog.com/purchase/

The matter is that you used the Store ID of our Demo store in Ecwid integration code, which is 1003.

In general, you should replace Ecwid Demo Store ID with the store ID of your existing account, which is 6573087. In order to achieve this, you should perform the following steps:

1) Connecting Ecwid

In your WordPress.com Dashboard, go to eCommerce Plugins and click on Activate under Ecwid. Next, go to Settings → Ecwid Store and enter your store ID under Enter your Store ID.

2) Embedding an Ecwid store

In your Wordpress.com admin area open the page, where your Ecwid store should be installed. Then you should replace the integration code of Ecwid demo store with the following code:
Code:
[ecwid id="6573087" 
categories_per_row="3" 
category_view="grid" 
search_view="list" 
grid="3,3" list="10" table="20" 
widgets="productbrowser"]
These steps are described in detail in this instruction: http://en.support.wordpress.com/ecwid/

In case even after these steps the issue with demo store persists, please describe the actions one by one, that you performed to add Ecwid store in your Wordpress.com site? We will look closely into your case.

Thank you!
__________________
Wendy
Ecwid Customer Care Team
Help Center


⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
  #8  
Old 02-09-2015, 05:32 PM
J. H. Hayes's Avatar
J. H. Hayes J. H. Hayes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Default Thank you

Hi Wendy,

My store number was correct and I had already placed the shortcode into my purchase page as instructed. In fact I had gone through all the steps several times before I even posted to the forum.

However, I finally got the store to link properly. For any users reading this thread, I had to deactivate my ecwid store and then click on Activate again. That step wasn't mentioned in any of the threads I had read, but apparently it is important.

Thanks for your help Wendy.

-John
  #9  
Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Wendy's Avatar
Wendy Wendy is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. H. Hayes View Post
Hi Wendy,

My store number was correct and I had already placed the shortcode into my purchase page as instructed. In fact I had gone through all the steps several times before I even posted to the forum.

However, I finally got the store to link properly. For any users reading this thread, I had to deactivate my ecwid store and then click on Activate again. That step wasn't mentioned in any of the threads I had read, but apparently it is important.

Thanks for your help Wendy.

-John
Hello John,
I am glad to hear that you could resolve the issue.

Thank you very much that you shared the solution which you used, it will be very helpful for other Ecwid + Wordpress.com users.

Please, feel free to contact us again, if you have any further questions.
__________________
Wendy
Ecwid Customer Care Team
Help Center


⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.