The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:34 PM

Change product link in cart

I currently use a single product widget on my webpage (let's call it page 1), with checkout on a product browser on a separate page (page 2). I.e. when you add to cart, you are taken to the other page.

On the checkout page (page 2), it (naturally) lists the item in your cart. But in my case, clicking on the item links you to the product page within the product browser(page 2).

Is it possible to link (hard code or otherwise) back to page 1? I only use 1 product, so it's always going to be the same link.

Personally, when purchasing stuff online, I tend to add to cart, then view cart, then click on the item in the cart to go back to the product page, cycling through a couple of times before checking out.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:51 PM

I found a workaround for this -> a simple redirect script that is activated when window.location.hash == 'link to product page in product browser'
Old 03-31-2015, 11:01 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett Tong1 View Post
I currently use a single product widget on my webpage (let's call it page 1), with checkout on a product browser on a separate page (page 2). I.e. when you add to cart, you are taken to the other page.

On the checkout page (page 2), it (naturally) lists the item in your cart. But in my case, clicking on the item links you to the product page within the product browser(page 2).

Is it possible to link (hard code or otherwise) back to page 1? I only use 1 product, so it's always going to be the same link.

Personally, when purchasing stuff online, I tend to add to cart, then view cart, then click on the item in the cart to go back to the product page, cycling through a couple of times before checking out.
Hi,

Sorry for long reply.

You have found a very good solution, your site looks and works great! Thank you for sharing your solution here, other Ecwid store owners may find it useful.

Also, if you want to redirect your customers from checkout page, after they click “Continue shopping” button, to a certain page (e.g., to a certain product page), see the example of script, which can help you do it, in this article http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-to-custom-url

Feel free to write if you get any other questions.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.