The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:55 AM

Add a custom attribute to backend order display

I have set up a custom attribute - (a bin #, to show me where an item is stored), which I am not displaying on the store front.
I would like to have this information displayed on the back-end, in an order, for each item.

At the moment the order is showing only the SKU and the weight below each item.

Is there any way to add this to the order display (for me only, on the back end, not for the customer). It can replace the weight, as far as I'm concerned, if need be.

Thank you.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM

Unfortunately, the display of the Ecwid control panel may not be customized.

Basically, you should use exactly the SKU as the unique identifier of each of your items (it stands for "stock keeping unit", which seems to describe your needs exactly). Is there any reason you cannot use SKU for that?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM

I just wanted to avoid lengthy numbers for the SKU, but I suppose that is exactly what i'll have to do. Another thing that is missing from the back end is the ability to sort by SKU - is that something that is planned?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineretT View Post
I just wanted to avoid lengthy numbers for the SKU, but I suppose that is exactly what i'll have to do. Another thing that is missing from the back end is the ability to sort by SKU - is that something that is planned?

Thanks.
What exactly do you mean with sorting by SKU? If you mean the products list in the Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products, then just click the SKU header - it will sort the products (click another time to reverse sorting order). You can also put SKUs into the search field on the top right there to quickly get to the product you need.

If you mean putting the products sorted by SKU in the store front, we didn't see any practical reasons for that in the real store - because customers are never really interested in the SKU of your products, what they are after is the product (name), its properties and its price. But of course you are able to put the products into a custom sorting order.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM

I meant the back end. For some reason it was not showing the arrow next to the SKU as other headers were, so I thought that it is not clickable - now I see that it is, and once I clicked it, it does show the arrow and allow sorting up or down. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Any chance of getting thumbnails on the back end for products, as well? It is nearly impossible to select the order by which they will be displayed on the shop without that, and it makes it easier to pull them for shipping too, if there is a visual display (I sell yarn, and the main difference between my items is color...)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineretT View Post
I meant the back end. For some reason it was not showing the arrow next to the SKU as other headers were, so I thought that it is not clickable - now I see that it is, and once I clicked it, it does show the arrow and allow sorting up or down. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Any chance of getting thumbnails on the back end for products, as well? It is nearly impossible to select the order by which they will be displayed on the shop without that, and it makes it easier to pull them for shipping too, if there is a visual display (I sell yarn, and the main difference between my items is color...)
The product listing in the Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products currently display the texts and no product thumbnails. Please, vore for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-product-listi to get the thumbnails added into the listing sooner and get notified via email when it is done.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
back end, custom attribute, order