The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Question

Mozilla/Opera Setting?

I've tried to navigate thorough these forums to find a solution to my problem but couldn't find one that quite matched. So I apologize if this resolve is found else where.

Ecwid is very nice, basic, simple to use. However, it seems that when it populates within my site that you can navigate through it only in Explorer. We are not selling anything and have not given out our website because we are still working on it and deciding if Ecwid is for us.

My question is, is there a setting within Opera and Mozilla that I need to caution users to change before shopping with us? I turned off my firewall completely to test this out and still you click on items with no result whatsoever (meaning you click a category and it doesn't transition to the next page). Everything works great in Explorer, I just need the same result for the other two browsers.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Works ONLY in Explorer?

I'm experiencing the same issue. I can access the store index, but I find the page hangs when I access a product. There is no response to add to "Add to Bag" at all.

This is true for Mac Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Netscape.

Also true for PC Firefox.

It works in PC Explorer (i.e., responds to the "add to Bag" click).

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix?
Old 05-22-2011, 09:52 PM

Ecwid is a stable and thoroughly tested e-commerce solution designed to work in all browsers. We respect every modern browser that might be used to shop through the stores of our clients.

There might be occasions when Ecwid appears to not work due to some reasons, but usually it turns out that the site itself has some problems that prevent any solution from working, and the problem is not connected to Ecwid. In case of Quinsig Community College it's a layout problem that I have investigated here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6198.

In case of Takedown Tactical I would need a link to the page where this happens in order to find the reason for this behavior and the way to fix it.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM

http://www.harpstergroup.com/store

It will not let me navigate at all, sorry for the delayed reply I've been uploading a lot despite issue. The address is just a testing address until I transfer it over to it's final web address. I used Xara website builder premium 7, if that helps at all. Could it be a setting that needs to be changed through Mozilla? Or is there something else I need to do. Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 AM

I have inspected your site. Indeed, there is no way to interact with your shop or any other page content (see http://www.harpstergroup.com/radar%20certification.htm for example, this page doesn't work either).

This is clearly a problem of the layout of that site. The DIV element that encloses your site header section (top banner and menu) is incorrectly sized, and due to that sizing it covers your page content. Because of that, all clicks and other events are routed to that covering DIV and can never be caught by Ecwid or anything else (including simple links) in the content area of your pages.

What you need to to is to find <div … id="xr_xri" style="…"> in the code of your current template and remove that style attribute completely, because everything contained there is redundant, unnecessary and can only cause you problems. However, I suppose that when using Xara, you are limited in editing code. So if you are not able to change the code, I suggest you to contact Xara support OR the developer of your template (if you use custom template) in order to rectify the layout in the template code.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:09 PM

Thanks so much Eugene, I am contacting the Xara Team now, I don't know how Ecwid is affiliated with Xara (I imagine it is only to provide customers with a widget option, two separate companies), but I can tell in the way my questions here, have been answered, in such a friendly way that your business and customer service is ran completely different, and I mean that it in the kindest way. I will let you know if the issue is resolved, Xara answers their questions with links to questions, and I always dread their answers and I've yet to get a flat out answer from them about my situations I've had. Speaking with them on the phone is better but sometimes it's impossible due to the fact they are out of the USA (location is understandable). Frankly I can not wait to stop using the program.

Last edited by Takedown Tactical; 06-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Well instead of waiting for their reply I just decided to scrap the whole page and start out fresh, Ecwid is awesome! Thanks for all your help and making it understandable.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
mozilla, navigation issues, opera