The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:52 AM

How do you add bulk discounts to one item that has multiple price "options"???

I don't have set prices but rather a lot of different price options for EACH item (or most of them). For example, I may have a base price, but the price goes up depending on the length, color, etc in my "options". So How does bulk discounts work if I'm trying to do a "buy 2 get one for less"...instead of making the price less then "base price?"..or maybe how do I give the price of 2 for 3 items so they get one free??
Old 12-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipfancy View Post
I don't have set prices but rather a lot of different price options for EACH item (or most of them). For example, I may have a base price, but the price goes up depending on the length, color, etc in my "options". So How does bulk discounts work if I'm trying to do a "buy 2 get one for less"...instead of making the price less then "base price?"..or maybe how do I give the price of 2 for 3 items so they get one free??
Hello!

Thank you for the message.

If you have products with price modifiers, you can use the bulk price discounts anyway. The discount will be applied to the base price of the item, it won’t affect the sum that’s added to the price if a certain option is selected. For example, the base price of an item is $10 and there is an option that makes it $10+2=$12 if selected. The bulk discount is set to $9 if a customer buys 3 or more items. Thus, the base price of an item will be $9 and the price of the same product with the price modifying option selected will be $9+2=$11. You can take a look at the screenshots below:

Basically, Bulk Discounts are meant to encourage your customers to order more items of one and the same product, this type of discount can not be used as “Buy 2 get 1 for free” discount.

Unfortunately, there is no built in feature to provide “Buy 2 get 1 for free” discounts in Ecwid.

However, it might be possible to create a custom solution that can be helpful. As I can see, you have lots of products with price modifiers and options. Could you please tell us how exactly would you like such a discount to work? For example, should a customer order 2 equal products with the same option selected in order to get the third item for free? Or can it be one product added to the Shopping Bag twice with different options? The more details you provide, the better custom solution we will be able to suggest, if there is any.
Thank you!

Looking forward to your reply.

Ecwid prices and features

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Karina Summer; 05-20-2020 at 09:42 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.