The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 PM

Question

wordpress, nomnom & ecwid minicart

hi ecwid forums.

i've used ecwid for a couple of simple shopping cart sites and have been very pleased with its flexibility, customization options and knowledgebase. but now, i have something that i cannot seem to solve myself, so i turn to the forums and ask your expertise.

my site is an up-to-date wordpress installation with nomnom (premium) for the theme. what i'd like to do is get the ecwid shopping bag or minicart working in my header where the search form is.

with some assistance from the author of the theme, the minicart will appear in the upper right of the product browser in the content area on the main page when the code is placed in the header.php.

he's scratching his head about it too.

i would love to get any advice you have on getting the ecwid minicart to appear in the header where the search form is on my site. thanks!

Last edited by faeriechai; 11-20-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriechai View Post
hi ecwid forums.

i've used ecwid for a couple of simple shopping cart sites and have been very pleased with its flexibility, customization options and knowledgebase. but now, i have something that i cannot seem to solve myself, so i turn to the forums and ask your expertise.

my site is an up-to-date wordpress installation with nomnom (premium) for the theme. what i'd like to do is get the ecwid shopping bag or minicart working in my header where the search form is.

with some assistance from the author of the theme, the minicart will appear in the upper right of the product browser in the content area on the main page when the code is placed in the header.php.

he's scratching his head about it too.

i would love to get any advice you have on getting the ecwid minicart to appear in the header where the search form is on my site. thanks!

Hi,

I've inspected your site. The issue is caused by the minicart integration code you use on your site.

It is currently as follows:
Code:
<div id="top-adsense">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1146026" charset="utf-8"></script>
<!-- remove layout parameter if you want to position minicart yourself -->
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=MiniAttachToProductBrowser"); </script>
</div>
As you see, it uses the extra parameter MiniAttachToProductBrowser which makes the minicart attached to the product browser even if it is placed in another place.

In order to have the minicart displayed exactly where you place it, you should use the 'Fixed' mode:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853298/...#MiniFixedmode

The code will look as follows:
Code:
<div> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1146026"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=Mini"); </script> 
</div>

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
faeriechai (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM

ahh. much better. thank you. can i add a cute little shopping bag to that minicart thingy? maybe to the side of the small text? how can i make the background box show before the hover?

i've gotten the minicart to appear in my header and my sidebar but would like to know if i can address this display issue:

sparklechai.com

in the header and the sidebar, the full minicart box does not show up until the mouse hover, just a simple shopping bag link. is there a way to show the info in the full view (with totals and qty) from the first page load? can i control the background color and outline of that full minicart? i'm having trouble isolating the right css item. also in the sidebar, this issue causes the cart to overlap the widget below it.

thanks

Last edited by Makfruit; 12-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Quote:
in the header and the sidebar, the full minicart box does not show up until the mouse hover, just a simple shopping bag link. is there a way to show the info in the full view (with totals and qty) from the first page load?
Please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/31295033/...20a%20minicart

Quote:
can i control the background color and outline of that full minicart? i'm having trouble isolating the right css item. also in the sidebar, this issue causes the cart to overlap the widget below it.
As far as I can see, you've already managed to change the color and size styles of minicart. As to overlapping, please try this code to fix that:
Code:
div.ecwid-minicart-mini {
  margin-bottom: 25px;
}
See also: How do I change Ecwid CSS?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css minicart, nomnom, wordpress