The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:11 AM

Question

How can i have different prices for wholesale customers?

From reading some earlier posts, this issue may be solved.
I haven't however found the exact process.

I sell both retail and wholesale.
I would like to have my store set up that retail customers see the retail prices, and wholesale customers see the wholesale prices.

I am happy for wholesale customers to enter a promotional code at the end, however it will need to affect different items in different ways.

We currently use a general 40% discount across the board, but because we buy different items from different companies, the mark ups are always different.
So I would like to be able to mark different products are different wholesale rates - say 10%, 20%, 50% etc.

Anyone know if this exists already? Does anyone have a fix?
How do other people get around this problem?

Let me know please!

Thanking in advance

Michelle
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle D View Post
From reading some earlier posts, this issue may be solved.
I haven't however found the exact process.

I sell both retail and wholesale.
I would like to have my store set up that retail customers see the retail prices, and wholesale customers see the wholesale prices.

I am happy for wholesale customers to enter a promotional code at the end, however it will need to affect different items in different ways.

We currently use a general 40% discount across the board, but because we buy different items from different companies, the mark ups are always different.
So I would like to be able to mark different products are different wholesale rates - say 10%, 20%, 50% etc.

Anyone know if this exists already? Does anyone have a fix?
How do other people get around this problem?

Let me know please!

Thanking in advance

Michelle

Hello,

In Ecwid it is possible to assign retail and wholesale price for the same product at the same time using Bulk Discount Pricing. This feature allows you to offer tiered pricing of each product based on quantity tiers. So for your retail customers you can offer the products with basic price and for your wholesale customers you can provide wholesale prices for big orders starting, let’s say, from 50 items. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/54816203/...ount%20pricing

Currently there is no other built-in functionality allowing to have different prices for different customers. If you want such feature to be implemented sooner, please vote for the following idea:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...s-of-customers

As a workaround I can suggest you creating two categories in your store with the same products but with different prices. You can create a password protected page within your website where the wholesale category will be added, so that that only certain customers could enter the wholesale category. Please, refer to this article for instructions on displaying different categories on different store pages: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27229589/...differentsites
Old 07-20-2015, 12:50 PM

Default I want to display different prices for the same product, only applicable to particular customers

Hi

On Our current site at www.fgdp.co.uk, we have members who can purchase our products at a lower price. They would have to log in to see the member prices. Is there a way to achieve the same thing with ECWID? This can either be with a discount code or something similar.

Thanks
Nasir
Old 07-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasir Sajjad View Post
Hi

On Our current site at www.fgdp.co.uk, we have members who can purchase our products at a lower price. They would have to log in to see the member prices. Is there a way to achieve the same thing with ECWID? This can either be with a discount code or something similar.

Thanks
Nasir
Hello,

Please, find the reply to your question in this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20874#2
Old 01-08-2016, 07:16 PM

We have been using Ecwid for several years and right now one of the issues we are facing is inventory management. We currently have 2 accounts with Ecwid so we can offer a different pricing to our wholesale and direct customers. We understand you have the option for customer groups but it is difficult for wholesale customers to see the full retail price when ordering and only have that price change when they checkout because they are in a certain customer group. They are not used to this and we are afraid it will cause a loss of business and confused wholesale customers and so we are not willing to try this option. After a lot of research I still don't see an option. I have noted Liza P. (Ecwid team member) response I have copied below which states you can have two different prices for the same product using different categories/hidden categories. I cannot see a way to do this. Am I missing something? Even if I put the same product in a different hidden category when I change the price it changes the price in both locations. Can you explain the response below and let me know if there is a way to have the same product listed at two different prices. THis would allow us to appeal to both our wholesale and direct customers but most importantly keep an accurate inventory. Currently two different accounts does not allow that and we are having inventory tracking issues.

Thanks,

Emily

(comment from Liza from an earlier question).
As a workaround I can suggest you creating two categories in your store with the same products but with different prices. You can create a password protected page within your website where the wholesale category will be added, so that that only certain customers could enter the wholesale category. Please, refer to this article for instructions on displaying different categories on different store pages: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27229589/...
Old 01-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoni View Post
We have been using Ecwid for several years and right now one of the issues we are facing is inventory management. We currently have 2 accounts with Ecwid so we can offer a different pricing to our wholesale and direct customers. We understand you have the option for customer groups but it is difficult for wholesale customers to see the full retail price when ordering and only have that price change when they checkout because they are in a certain customer group. They are not used to this and we are afraid it will cause a loss of business and confused wholesale customers and so we are not willing to try this option. After a lot of research I still don't see an option. I have noted Liza P. (Ecwid team member) response I have copied below which states you can have two different prices for the same product using different categories/hidden categories. I cannot see a way to do this. Am I missing something? Even if I put the same product in a different hidden category when I change the price it changes the price in both locations. Can you explain the response below and let me know if there is a way to have the same product listed at two different prices. THis would allow us to appeal to both our wholesale and direct customers but most importantly keep an accurate inventory. Currently two different accounts does not allow that and we are having inventory tracking issues.

Thanks,

Emily

(comment from Liza from an earlier question).
As a workaround I can suggest you creating two categories in your store with the same products but with different prices. You can create a password protected page within your website where the wholesale category will be added, so that that only certain customers could enter the wholesale category. Please, refer to this article for instructions on displaying different categories on different store pages: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27229589/...
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Since in Ecwid you can assign only one price for a product, Liza suggests creating two products with different prices. In other words, you should create two separate products, with the same product info but with different prices. If it's important for you to track the inventory of products, I'm afraid this method will not work for you.

I've thought about another way of how you can offer discounts to wholesale customers. As I understand, you offer them discounts because they buy products in big amounts. If so, you can use Bulk discount pricing. Thus, customers will get discounts based on how many items of a product they buy. To get the discount, they do not need to create accounts in your store and the discount displays on the product details page, in the right column:

If this method works for you, please see how to set it up in this article https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1171412

Should you get any further questions, feel free to write back. We are glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
discount codes, retail, wholesale customers