The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:34 PM

How to use ecwid store html with my iWeb software?

I am new and want to use ecwid store html with my iWeb software, just don't know how, can anyone help? I have gone through all the steps necessary to build this store and now I have Base CSS theme, but not sure how to place this into my program?

brad davis music store
Old 12-23-2013, 12:00 AM

Default HOW TO UP LOAD my new Store/Cart html into my iWeb software to publish???

HOW TO UP LOAD my new Store/Cart html into my iWeb software to publish???

I apologize for being so new at this and a user of iWeb for my design. What part of the basic CSS code for my store/cart do I copy to insert in my shop.html page for my site.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

brad davis

Last edited by brad davis; 12-23-2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: more info to better describe my problem
Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad davis View Post
HOW TO UP LOAD my new Store/Cart html into my iWeb software to publish???

I apologize for being so new at this and a user of iWeb for my design. What part of the basic CSS code for my store/cart do I copy to insert in my shop.html page for my site.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

brad davis
Hi,

Please refer to this article for instructions for iweb sites:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853296/iWeb
You will find Ecwid widget codes in your Ecwid control panel at my.ecwid.com, on Dashboard, right in the setup wizard: click on step 'Create your store'-> choose "Yes I have a website" -> then click on 'Other platform' and you'll see the widgets.
Or else you can generate the codes in the knowledge-base articles: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853259/Ecwid%20widgets

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Default Copying Html store code into my iWeb software

I have copied the basic CSS theme code into my HTML snippet widget and it does not work at all. Any other thoughts?
Old 12-28-2013, 05:02 PM

Default Copying Html store code into my iWeb software

I am just not sure once I get into my design page of my dashboard what to copy exactly. Remember, I am a drag and drop guy. I have saved and activated the Beige basic and there are two windows on that page, 1 window for edtiting and one below that has the basic CSS code in it. I have tried to copy the Basic CSS code and only the code shows in my published widget window once published and the same for the editable code window of code. I realize that this is pilot error and just need to know what to do so I can do it.

brad davis
Old 12-28-2013, 10:41 PM

Default SERIOUS ISSUE GETTING CODE COPIED TO PAGE

I was told on line to logon to ecwid, go to my dashboard and the code would be right there. but they weren't. After messing with this for hours, I starting clicking through the wizard as if I had never set up my store before and finally found them. Most people may be like myself, they already have a store set up, so the LAST place that they would look for these codes is back to the method of setting up the store from the start. It would amazing to have (once the person has set up the store and has products in it) a store widget button right there on your dashboard window. Now that I was able to get the code, now I have an error message and I believe it involves the payment portion of your site on my account. Just incase the attachment does not read well:
here is what the error states
(Some required information is missing or incorrect. Please correct the fields below and try again. Error: PayPal Express checkout is not setup on this account.) I called paypal and everything on their end looks okay. So back to you guys for help on this. I do realize that it's all pilot error. I just need to get it fixed, can you please help
Brad Davis
Name:  ecwid braddavismusic retail error.png
Views: 265
Size:  39.1 KB
Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad davis View Post
I was told on line to logon to ecwid, go to my dashboard and the code would be right there. but they weren't. After messing with this for hours, I starting clicking through the wizard as if I had never set up my store before and finally found them. Most people may be like myself, they already have a store set up, so the LAST place that they would look for these codes is back to the method of setting up the store from the start. It would amazing to have (once the person has set up the store and has products in it) a store widget button right there on your dashboard window. Now that I was able to get the code, now I have an error message and I believe it involves the payment portion of your site on my account. Just incase the attachment does not read well:
here is what the error states
(Some required information is missing or incorrect. Please correct the fields below and try again. Error: PayPal Express checkout is not setup on this account.) I called paypal and everything on their end looks okay. So back to you guys for help on this. I do realize that it's all pilot error. I just need to get it fixed, can you please help
Brad Davis
Attachment 2233
Hello,

I have checked your store and got "User Authentication Failed" error on payment step.

The 'User authentication failed' error message is actually exactly what PayPal returns in reply to requests from your store. I mean it is not something that Ecwid adds on its side.

That means that PayPal doesn't accept your credentials for some reason. I'd recommend the following steps now:
1) Check all of your credentials one more time and make sure there are no extra white spaces, wrong letters etc. Please pay attention to the fact that they are case-sensitive, so 'Johnsmith' is not the same as 'JohnSmith' . Please also make sure you use right login/password in right places (i.e. the user password is used not the merchant's one).
2) Please have a look at the PayPal tutorial with regards to the settings on the PayPal end (if you haven't yet):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9IGQpJCJeE
3) If you're sure that everything is right, please contact PayPal with regards to this issue and ask them why your account credentials are not going through.

Please let us know the results.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.