The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM

Question

Bulk Price Change - Import/Export Question

I have read how to do a bulk price change by first exporting my products, adjusting their prices, then importing them back into Ecwid.

My question (and concern) is will I lose all of my product "options" when I import the new CSV file back into my store?

Does the CSV file with the limited information OVERWRITE my current product list - or will it just update the data that I am importing.

Any tips or tricks to make sure I don't blow this?

If I import the edited CSV file and I lose all of my options - is there a way for Ecwid to roll things back to the way they were before my import?

Your explanations will be most appreciated.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-R Posters View Post
I have read how to do a bulk price change by first exporting my products, adjusting their prices, then importing them back into Ecwid.

My question (and concern) is will I lose all of my product "options" when I import the new CSV file back into my store?

Does the CSV file with the limited information OVERWRITE my current product list - or will it just update the data that I am importing.

Any tips or tricks to make sure I don't blow this?

If I import the edited CSV file and I lose all of my options - is there a way for Ecwid to roll things back to the way they were before my import?

Your explanations will be most appreciated.

Hello,

Quote:
While importing the products are only updated, the import information will be changed and all the rest product data will remain the same, unless you tick “Delete all products/categories before import” option in the bottom of the import tab.

Quote:
Please, refer to this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...1623#post81623
Old 04-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the information.

However, when I export my products (Product name, SKU, Price) I don't get a price - they are all 0's because they all have options, and the options have different prices.

Any suggestions other than use the xcart option?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-R Posters View Post
Thanks for the information.

However, when I export my products (Product name, SKU, Price) I don't get a price - they are all 0's because they all have options, and the options have different prices.

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to export options in Ecwid. Though, considerable improvements in import/export procedure have already been planned. Feel free to vote for this idea in our ideas base: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ions-to-import

Quote:
There is a possible workaround which, however, will require some serious web programming skills. You can develop a special script, which will get the full list of your products (with options) using our Product API and save it in CSV file as you needed and then import them using X-cart format.

If you need a professional help with custom script development, I suggest you to contact our friends from Qualiteam. Please, send a message with project description at sales@qtmsoft.com for quote.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:17 PM

Now it's possible guys to bulk edit options ans choices.
Take a look at this piece of gold here:
https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#apps...product-editor
The Following User Says Thank You to Leandro Navarrias For This Useful Post:
river (08-04-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.