The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Wink

I have a wordpress theme www.jckmovies.com but for some reason my products and everything are all over the place can anybody help heres a link to the problem http://www.jckmovies.com/?page_id=35...=0&sort=normal

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 01-17-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Please, do not doublepost.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 PM

I have inspected your store.

The misbehavior in question caused by your WP theme called 'multidesign' and the use of a custom .pageSlide() function in it. That function wraps the whole page body with an additional element, such wrapping re-executes all the scripts in the body of the page, and hence you get 2 sets of Ecwid widgets on the page. Basically, using that .pageSlide() function in its current for is incompatible with Ecwid widgets. Since only 1 Ecwid product browser can be active on a page, the last one that is being added becomes visible, so you see 2 category widgets and one product browser (another one is forced to be invisible).

The most correct way to fix it is to get rid of .pageSlide() function inside that page or on the website at all. The exact code that does call that function looks like this:
Code:
<script> 
$("#allpage-login-top").pageSlide({ width: "334px", direction: "left"});
$("#allpage-signup-top").pageSlide({ width: "334px", direction: "right" });
$("#allpage-search-top").pageSlide({ width: "350px", direction: "left", modal: true });
$("#homepage-login-button").pageSlide({ width: "350px", direction: "left" });
$("#homepage-signup-button").pageSlide({ width: "350px", direction: "right" });
</script>
Most probably you can find it in one of the files of your current WP theme. To prevent it spoiling your shop page you can possibly remove that code, but this will remove the effect of the Login, Signup, Connect and Search buttons - they will stop working.

So, a possible workaround instead of removing that function call would be to include a special code directly after the Ecwid code into your store page. This code disallows adding any more Ecwid widgets into the page, so there won't be any duplicates. The code reads as:
Code:
<script>window.xAddWidget = function() { return false;};</script>
It should be added into the source of your shop page in WordPress (WP Admin → Pages, select your page and click Edit beneath it, then make sure to switch editor to HTML mode with a tab on top of editor). Make sure the code is preserved as is, a one line; it is best to append it to the end of the line where existing Ecwid code ends, without a newline. With this workaround code you will have a correct set of Ecwid widgets and the effects on the Login, Signup, Connect and Search buttons still working.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:27 PM

right, i will add this code and see what happens, i will keep you posted if it works or not., its just obviously i want all my images and everything showing on my website so lets see what happens.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Hi that seems to have worked perfect, now if you have alook at this link http://www.jckmovies.com/?page_id=35...=0&sort=normal you will see all the dvd categoies at the top just keep going along is there any way to cut this into 2 or 3 rows or remove the top bits completley.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Right i've managed to sort it out, i just deleted [ecwid_categories] and now it looks alright, Will this cause any problems with the ecwid plugin now that i've removed that bit heres a link http://www.jckmovies.com/?page_id=3511#ecwid:category=2067150&mode=category &offset=0&sort=normal
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie.bainbridge View Post
Right i've managed to sort it out, i just deleted [ecwid_categories] and now it looks alright, Will this cause any problems with the ecwid plugin now that i've removed that bit heres a link http://www.jckmovies.com/?page_id=3511#ecwid:category=2067150&mode=category &offset=0&sort=normal
That will not cause any problems to Ecwid, but you could just disable the categories in your WP Admin → Settings → Ecwid shopping cart instead of editing the page code to hide the categories widget.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM

hi we are currently creating a mobile app for our wordpress site, is there any way to incorporate this into our app at all.

jamie

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, theme, wordpress, wordpress theme