The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:38 PM

Import Product Info

How does one import CSV product information? Are there instructions?

Edit. OK, I found the import products button. Just one question remains. I see an url fields for images, but how do I upload images stored on my computer?

Last edited by terrybarthdesign; 10-02-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
OK, I found the import products button. Just one question remains. I see an url fields for images, but how do I upload images stored on my computer?
First of all you need to upload(for example via FTP) your images from your computer to any web server / hosting. Your images should be accessible via direct link, e.g. http://example.com/images/product_1.jpg

Then just use such links in your import file.

If you don't have such access to any server, let me know and we will help you with it.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 10-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Ecwid Team

Alternatively, you can import your product list without images, then go to Catalog menu in the Control Panel, and add images to your product. You'll be able to upload images from your PC.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 PM

Great. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 PM

nice looking product - great job

quick question I did not see field for importing "options" with products
Can that be done?

Thanks

Eddy
Old 10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
nice looking product - great job
Thank you : -)

Quote:
quick question I did not see field for importing "options" with products
Can that be done?
Currently it is not possible to import product options. However I agree that it is a "must have" import feature, so we will add it later.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
First of all you need to upload(for example via FTP) your images from your computer to any web server / hosting. Your images should be accessible via direct link, e.g. http://example.com/images/product_1.jpg

Then just use such links in your import file.

If you don't have such access to any server, let me know and we will help you with it.
So for my photo store, I would ftp all my product images to my server, then import the product information for each one, including the link to the product image.

So far so good.

Now I want assign a downloadable files to each product available after purchase. Do I have to do this manually for each product using the control panel or can I import the link to the downloadable file in the same CSV file as the product info? If yes, what should the column heading be? Do I store the downloadble files on my server?

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Now I want assign a downloadable files to each product available after purchase. Do I have to do this manually for each product using the control panel or can I import the link to the downloadable file in the same CSV file as the product info? If yes, what should the column heading be? Do I store the downloadble files on my server?
1. You need to do this manually.

2. All downloadble files and uploaded images are stored on our servers. So once you imported your products, the images on your server are no longer necessary.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 PM

Great. Thank you!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Default Video and Audio files, mp3, mp4

Hi,

Just wanted to say I've been working on my website this morning and added this product with ease. Such good instructions, clear and easy to follow. Congrats.

Just one question. How do I upload mp3 and mp4 files to be made available upon checkout?

Is that possible? My files size was less than 100mb but it failed to upload...I might try a smaller mp3 file. I'll be selling mp3, mp4 files so I need to get it up to speed please.

Many thanks
Robert

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
images, import