The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:51 AM

Exclamation

Text field calculating?

Hello ,
I have something like printing services so in the options there are
Qty ( #SETS) and Number of pages
so the default price is 0.35 so it shoud be (number of pages x 0.35 x # of sets)
I was thinking if there is way to make the text field when type-ing numbers to start calculate them maybe ? i was thinking also about drop down boxes and me to add prices for each number but the thing is that we have to add about 500 drop down boxes...
Any ideas?

I saw that it`s still maybe not possible but i saw the idea about those text fields was before 3-4 years... please maybe give me idea how to make that possible then?

- Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasil Dimitrov View Post
Hello ,
I have something like printing services so in the options there are
Qty ( #SETS) and Number of pages
so the default price is 0.35 so it shoud be (number of pages x 0.35 x # of sets)
I was thinking if there is way to make the text field when type-ing numbers to start calculate them maybe ? i was thinking also about drop down boxes and me to add prices for each number but the thing is that we have to add about 500 drop down boxes...
Any ideas?

I saw that it`s still maybe not possible but i saw the idea about those text fields was before 3-4 years... please maybe give me idea how to make that possible then?

- Thanks
Hello!
As i can see it in your store, you have found a good solution for now. I’d suggest you change wording “quantity” to “the number of pages” or “number of sets”. This way, one item will be actually one set.
To change the wording, you should add a piece of javascript code that will alter corresponding labels in Ecwid store, to the source code of the page where Ecwid is embedded:

Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"OrderBox.qty":"Qty",
"OrderComponent.gty":"Qty\: ",
"ProductDetails.qty":"Qty",
"ShoppingCartView.qty":"Qty"
}
</script>
(You can use any other word instead of “Qty” to rename it)

More details on changing/translating Ecwid wording: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1674334

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.