The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:23 PM

Unable to remove Store Category view.

After clicking on shopping cart from main index page I can close the popup with the
continue shopping button with no issue. If I choose the X in upper right corner instead the
store view popup is displayed and continues to be generated in the window. I just want to use the minicart no store view. http://www.carnyrags.com
Old 01-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your question!

The thing is that Ecwid always opens a pop-up window when you enter the cart if there is no product browser on the page where the cart is located.

In order to avoid this pop-up, you should use the "ecwid_ProductBrowserURL" option. With this option Ecwid works like this: when a visitor opens a cart on a page with no product browser installed, they get redirected to a special page where the Product Browser is installed and Ecwid opens on that page.

So you can just point to a page on your site where a product browser is installed, so your customers will be redirected to that page. If the product browser is not installed on any of your pages, you can add a new page to your site and place the product browser there.

To set "ecwid_ProductBrowserURL" option, you need to add the following JavaScript code to all the pages, where Ecwid widgets are installed:
Code:
<script> var ecwid_ProductBrowserURL = "PB_URL"; </script>
where PB_URL is the full URL of the page where your product browser is installed.

When this is done, the cart will be open on a separate page, not in a popup.

I have inspected your site and seen that you already have this script on your index page, but it is pointing to the index page itself and there is no product browser on it.

Please see below the script from your site:
Code:
<script>
var ecwid_ProductBrowserURL = "http://www.carnyrags.com/index.html";
</script>
Please change the http://www.carnyrags.com/index.html with the URL of the page where product browser is installed and the issue will be fixed.

If you want the shopping cart to be open in popup and close when you click the X, just remove this script from your page source.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Clara K; 01-15-2015 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:11 PM

Thanks for all your help! All issued fixed. Your partners at Carny Rags .
Old 01-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny Rags View Post
Thanks for all your help! All issued fixed. Your partners at Carny Rags .
I am very glad to hear that everything is now working the way you need.

Have a great weekend!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Webpartner

Hi I am having issues with this same thing. My site ninamarika.co.uk/trompe

Do I only have one muse page with the product browser on?
Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Barlow View Post
Hi I am having issues with this same thing. My site ninamarika.co.uk/trompe

Do I only have one muse page with the product browser on?
Hello,

I have checked your store and as far as I can see your are using product browser - your store is displayed on a separate site page.

Can you please, detail what exactly is the problem in your store? What exactly do you want to achieve on your storefront? Please, provide me with some information, so that I could come up with a solution for you.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:32 AM
Webpartner

Thanks for your reply, I managed to sort it in the end x
The Following User Says Thank You to Your4Walls For This Useful Post:
Liza P (03-16-2015)
Old 01-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Ecwid team is back with tremendous news!

We have changed the behavior of the ‘Continue shopping button’, if our Single Product widget is added on the website. The button used to open the whole store in the popup, but now it closes the popup, and leaves customers to browse your website.

Customer used to open up the popup with the content of their shopping bag, and having checked that, wanted to come back to browsing the website he was on. However, clicking ‘Continue shopping’ button, did not return the customer to the website. Instead of that, he would see the whole store in that same popup. That behaviour caused a lot of frustration, because the customer usually wants to come back to the initial website.

Moreover, among many reasons for using Single Product widget, was that merchants do not want their customers seeing the whole store at all.

We want to let you know, that the Ecwid developers team, working very hard, has changed the behavior of the ‘Continue shopping’ button. Now, thanks to your feedback, ‘Continue Shopping’ button closes the popup.

Check it out, and reach out to us, if you have any questions.

Thank you!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.