The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 PM

Can my customers use more than one discount coupon in the same transaction?

I want to be able to offer a 10% coupon against one category of products (childrens greeting cards) within my website, and a money off voucher for a different category (adults greeting cards). At the moment, at checkout, I am only offered the option to enter one discount code before checkout. Can I use more than one code in the same transaction? thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Ecwid Team

Currently, Ecwid allows to apply only one discount coupon during checkout. Our engineers are currently working on functionality, which allows to apply coupon for the each product separately. Please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...n-for-specific and we will email you went it is released.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
LK Nutrition (10-09-2014)
Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 PM

Default Zero dollar sale on free giveaways still add the shipping, that I do not want

I sell items that are $15.00 with shipping and tax. To keep count of my inventory and to whom I gave free items, I want to create a discount coupon, or something, to manually put in the system, so the cart will say $0.00 but it still adds the shipping and only the item and tax is $0.00
How can i tell my cart that it is a zero sale. I have read about skip payment, but shipping brings up a dollar amount. I want to use this system when i give friends a free item when i see them and then go in the evening and put the "sale" through the system to subtract the item from the inventory. This way i can later go and keep track of all the popular items.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo VanRensburg View Post
I sell items that are $15.00 with shipping and tax. To keep count of my inventory and to whom I gave free items, I want to create a discount coupon, or something, to manually put in the system, so the cart will say $0.00 but it still adds the shipping and only the item and tax is $0.00
How can i tell my cart that it is a zero sale. I have read about skip payment, but shipping brings up a dollar amount. I want to use this system when i give friends a free item when i see them and then go in the evening and put the "sale" through the system to subtract the item from the inventory. This way i can later go and keep track of all the popular items.
Hello,

At the moment it is possible to apply one discount coupon per order, either to provide product discount or free shipping. Coupon applies to subtotal on the cart page before shipping rate calculated. Shipping cost calculates and adds to order total after the coupon is applied. Please, refer to this article for description of other discount coupon peculiarities: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/24739561/...idAdvancedinfo
If you consider that that the ability to use multiple coupons per single order should be added to Ecwid, please,vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...iple-values-i- and we will inform you when it will be added in Ecwid.

I can suggest you considering other discount options available in Ecwid - global discounts (your control panel -> Promotions -> Discounts) and Bulk discount pricing. You can use both the coupons and global discounts/bulk prices. For example, you can create a free shipping coupon AND a global discount for the orders greater than some value or apply bulk discount pricing for the products, so that a customer can take a discount on the product AND get free shipping. I hope, this helps.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Hello Maria,

This original post was back in May of 2012. It's not February of 2014, when is this functionality going to be available?? I'm looking to just be able to have my customers apply a simple 15% coupon on the entire order and then get free shipping and I can't even do that. This is something that should take high priority as a fix as it is something that is quite crucial to the retail sales world.

Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatima Smith For This Useful Post:
LK Nutrition (10-09-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima Smith View Post
Hello Maria,

This original post was back in May of 2012. It's not February of 2014, when is this functionality going to be available?? I'm looking to just be able to have my customers apply a simple 15% coupon on the entire order and then get free shipping and I can't even do that. This is something that should take high priority as a fix as it is something that is quite crucial to the retail sales world.

Thank you
Hello Fatima,

Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=61557#7

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:10 PM

Default Multiple (stacked) discounts

Was the issue of not being able to have multiple discounts ever resolved? As in earlier posts, I need to be offer FREE orders with FREE shipping to select customers.
Thank you.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team RWB View Post
Was the issue of not being able to have multiple discounts ever resolved? As in earlier posts, I need to be offer FREE orders with FREE shipping to select customers.
Thank you.
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Ecwid Customer Care Team!

As I understand, you'd like to create a discount coupon with two options:
  • a discount in percentage terms
  • free shipping

There is a corresponding idea in Ecwid ideas base: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...iple-values-i- As you can see, this idea has the "Started" label. It means that at the moment we are working on the implementation and we will release this great feature soon. Unfortunately, I do not have any ETA for it.

Please, vote for this idea to follow its progress: Make coupons stack and/or have multiple values

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

We have added a new type of coupons - Discount + Free shipping. The new coupon allows to provide discount and Free shipping at the same time and can be used as Gift card/Certificate. Please, check this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...649#post128649

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cart, discount coupons, zero dollar sale