The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM

Invoice Printing

As of a couple of weeks ago, when I try to print my invoices through the store with the "print Invoice" button, they print extremely large. The font is large, the heading is large. I have tried to print with various browsers such as, Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer on several different machines and the result is the same. Is it possible that I can go back to how the invoice used to print, which fit on one page?

Kate

store ID: 1029335

Last edited by Kate Soroka; 07-22-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Soroka View Post
As of a couple of weeks ago, when I try to print my invoices through the store with the "print Invoice" button, they print extremely large. The font is large, the heading is large. I have tried to print with various browsers such as, Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer on several different machines and the result is the same. Is it possible that I can go back to how the invoice used to print, which fit on one page?

Kate

store ID: 1029335
Hi Kate,

Thank you for reporting. I've examined this Ecwid store. The invoices are shown and saved in normal font for me. Please, clarify, is the large font displayed when you click 'print invoice' button (in Ecwid control panel, Sales page), or after you save it on your computer? Or does it appear large after you have printed an invoice on a printer machine?
Could you take a screenshot to illustrate the problem?

Look forward to hearing from you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 PM

The large font appears on the paper printed page, after I hit "print invoice." I tried to adjust printer settings, with no success. Is there a setting in the ecwid manager? In addition, I use the store through Yola site builder. That is where I hit "print invoice" and I have already tried to contact them, and they suggested I contact Ecwid because it is an ecwid store.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Soroka View Post
The large font appears on the paper printed page, after I hit "print invoice." I tried to adjust printer settings, with no success. Is there a setting in the ecwid manager? In addition, I use the store through Yola site builder. That is where I hit "print invoice" and I have already tried to contact them, and they suggested I contact Ecwid because it is an ecwid store.
Hi,

Thank you for clarifying. Ecwid doesn't have anything to adjust printer settings. Let me explain how it works from inside.

Ecwid control panel is in fact just a web page. An invoice printed from the control panel is also a web page. Here is what exactly happens when you print out the invoices:
- When you click 'print invoice' Ecwid generates a special web page (which is not visible to users). This page contains the invoice in HTML format: heading, paragraphs, tables and the company logo image.
- Ecwid then tells browser, "Please print this page".
- This command is passed over to the browser which initiates the printing. In most cases it sends a set of commands describing this document visually to the printer's driver for printing.

So, when you print out from a web site, for security reasons browsers don't allow the site to anyhow connect to your printer interface. Instead the browser is a go-between the site and the printer: Browser turns the HTML markup of the page into the exact commands for the printer to reproduce the document on the paper.
Technically printing Ecwid invoices or any page from Ecwid control panel or any other web page - there's one and the same procedure described above.

If the documents start printing differently, the problem can be:
a) in how Ecwid "generates" the invoice: in this case the large fonts would be saved in invoice pdf file already
b) in how browser "renders" this invoice. But as long as you've tested in different browsers, it's definitely not the case.
c) that there's something wrong with the printer setup.

How we can check it:
- To view how invoices are saved in PDF files. Can you save an order invoice into pdf file and send it to me?
- Next, please try printing any other documents, from another website, to the same printer.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 12-25-2014, 05:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Grip Power Pads Corp
Default ECWID Invoice printing to ZEBRA printer 4x6!

Hi
I have a question, can I print my ECWID invoices to ZEBRA Thermal printer size 4x6 page size? if so how can I set that up or may be use some 3rd party app for that?
Thank you
Old 01-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Power Pads USA View Post
Hi
I have a question, can I print my ECWID invoices to ZEBRA Thermal printer size 4x6 page size? if so how can I set that up or may be use some 3rd party app for that?
Thank you
Greetings!

Thank you for your post.
If I understand you correctly, you want to print 4x6 sized invoice, right?
Please let me suggest you possible solutions for you.

1)You can print invoices by yourself. Just create a special place, where you’ll keep your invoices (e.g. special folder on your computer). From there you can send them to print. There may be some official software from “ZEBRA Technologies” that will allow you to print different sized invoices. You may find appropriate software here: http://www.zebra.com/gb/en/support-downloads.html.

2)You can integrate your Ecwid store with 'ZEBRA Technologies' and print invoices automatically. Such solution will require custom programming though. If you need assistance with developing such solution for your store you can hire professionals to help you. We recommend you to contact our friends from ‘Qualiteam’. Here is their website and email: https://www.qtmsoft.com/, sales@x-cart.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to use our forum.
Have a nice day!
Old 08-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
Hi,
Thank you for clarifying. Ecwid doesn't have anything to adjust printer settings. Let me explain how it works from inside.
Ecwid control panel is in fact just a web page. An invoice printed from the control panel is also a web page. Here is what exactly happens when you print out the invoices:
- When you click 'print invoice' Ecwid generates a special web page (which is not visible to users). This page contains the invoice in HTML format: heading, paragraphs, tables and the company logo image.
- Ecwid then tells browser, "Please print this page".
- This command is passed over to the browser which initiates the printing. In most cases it sends a set of commands describing this document visually to the printer's driver for printing.
So, when you print out from a web site, for security reasons browsers don't allow the site to anyhow connect to your printer interface. Instead the browser is a go-between the site and the printer: Browser turns the HTML markup of the page into the exact commands for the printer to reproduce the document on the paper.
Technically printing Ecwid invoices or any page from Ecwid control panel or any other web page - there's one and the same procedure described above.

If the documents start printing differently, the problem can be:
a) in how Ecwid "generates" the invoice: in this case the large fonts would be saved in invoice pdf file already
b) in how browser "renders" this invoice. But as long as you've tested in different browsers, it's definitely not the case.
c) that there's something wrong with the printer setup.

How we can check it:
- To view how invoices are saved in PDF files. Can you save an order invoice into pdf file and send it to me?
- Next, please try printing any other documents, from another website, to the same printer.

What was the outcome from this? My invoices now print on 3 pages and pages 2&3 are filled with amber coloured squares.
I have tested several different sites with this printer and with Adobe output and they print ok. This issue only happens with ecwid invoices.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.keen View Post
What was the outcome from this? My invoices now print on 3 pages and pages 2&3 are filled with amber coloured squares.
I have tested several different sites with this printer and with Adobe output and they print ok. This issue only happens with ecwid invoices.
Hello,

I'm very sorry that you have an issue with printing invoices.

Could you please send a photo of a printed invoice? Also, could you clarify a little if you used this button (see the screenshot below) in the Ecwid Control Panel -> My Sales -> Orders to generate and print invoices?

Looking forward to your reply!

Old 08-10-2015, 03:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grip Power Pads Corp

ECWID should implement option to print invoices to 4x6 format and 8x11
For now It does not work for me
Old 08-10-2015, 06:34 PM

Default Printing issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Hello,
I'm very sorry that you have an issue with printing invoices.
Could you please send a photo of a printed invoice? Also, could you clarify a little if you used this button (see the screenshot below) in the Ecwid Control Panel -> My Sales -> Orders to generate and print invoices?

Looking forward to your reply!
Hi River,
This has been very frustrating. I have attached a screen shot of the end of the 1st page and the start of the 2nd. The 2nd page is full of these amber squares and the top of the 3rd too. I have used the print invoice button as well as the see details and printed from that as well. Both produce the same 3 page results.
Many thanks for your help
http://www.hwgsshop.org.uk/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (132.5 KB, 176 views)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
invoice