The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:05 PM

How to make store default to "list" view?

I'm using the "Professional Responsive Theme", and can't seem to figure out a way to get the store to default to the "list" view, as opposed to the "grid" view, which it defaults to now when you visit the site.

Secondly, when I select the "list" view, only a portion of the text I've assigned to the product shows up, followed by a "...". Is there a way to get that text to show up in full? Thanks!!
Old 05-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Default Any help on this one?

Haven't been able to figure it out. If anyone has a tip, it'd be really appreciated!
Old 05-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart DesMeules View Post
Haven't been able to figure it out. If anyone has a tip, it'd be really appreciated!
Hi Stewart,

I am terribly sorry for the radio silence here - your request somehow got lost in our system.

I checked your store, which is: http://stewartdesmeules.wixsite.com/...r/online-store and as I see you are using our official app for Wix. In this case you can manage the store layout right within Ecwid app settings in your Wix admin panel:

- Go to Wix HTML Editor -> Pages, open "Online Store" page
- Place the cursor on the area with shop and double click or click “Settings” button
- In the pop up window choose “Design” tab - here you can change your store look. You can set the number of rows and columns to be displayed in every view for comfort use. You can choose the background color of your storefront and define the category which will be opened by default when customers visit your store page.

That's it.

As for the full text in of the product description in List view, this is possible to do it with the help of a custom development only. It means, you need to create a custom script that would use Ecwid API and show the description in List view.

Please note this solution will require custom coding. If you need a professional help with such customization, you may want to hire a developer. In Ecwid, we offer a customization service on a paid basis. If you are interested in, please fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv Our customization team will review your request and get back to you with the quote.

I hope this will help. Please, let me know should you have further questions. I'll be glad to help.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
online store, question, store, wix