The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 AM

Ecwid Evaluation Prior To Subscription.Is there any banner for automatic database back-up

I am evaluation wheter is worthile to pay the subscription price to ECWID, the first impression it is that is really expensive, let see about its qulity:

1º) Is there any banner in the back-end where I can download a whole back-up of the online shop database, in .sql.

2º) If i had several accounts , and I want to copy the online shop database of one account, in the shop of the other account.How can I export/import the database from one accoun to the other.

I need to take a decision about payment subscription soon,An early reply would be highly appriciated .

Thank you
Old 06-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMBERTO MANUEL View Post
I am evaluation wheter is worthile to pay the subscription price to ECWID, the first impression it is that is really expensive, let see about its qulity:

1º) Is there any banner in the back-end where I can download a whole back-up of the online shop database, in .sql.

2º) If i had several accounts , and I want to copy the online shop database of one account, in the shop of the other account.How can I export/import the database from one accoun to the other.

I need to take a decision about payment subscription soon,An early reply would be highly appriciated .

Thank you

Hello,

Quote:
1º) Is there any banner in the back-end where I can download a whole backup of the online shop database, in .sql.
Ecwid is a SaaS solution which means all codes and the stores data is hosted on our servers and delivered to your site dynamically by means of JavaScript. Why it is good for you:
  • We do all the boring tasks like applying software patches and upgrades, maintain servers etc. You don't need to mess with the code to make your cart work properly.
  • You don't need to worry about space for your store on your hosting - everything is hosted on our side.
  • You can use same Ecwid store front on numerous websites, blogs and social networks simultaneously and to manage it all from a single control panel. If you decide to open your store in some other place like your blog or site, all you will need to do is to copy few lines of code to that place - your storefront will just be mirrored to that place, you won't have to create another store from scratch.

In Ecwid all the code and stores data (products, categories, images, e-goods etc.) is hosted on our servers. As a result of such an approach, you entrust your store data to Ecwid. Since you signed up with us, we constantly take duty of storing your products data, keeping it safe with encryption and backups and restore it for you at any moment. So you don’t have to worry about backups.

If you want to get your store data in a table format for importing to 3rd party systems or for editing your store products in mass in a spreadsheet editor etc, it is possible to do by means of Ecwid Export tools, which allow you to download your products in the form of CSV files. Currently, Ecwid allows export of orders, products and customers. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61321037/...20store%20data

Quote:
2º) If i had several accounts , and I want to copy the online shop database of one account, in the shop of the other account.How can I export/import the database from one account to the other.
In Ecwid it is possible to import/export the store data in various ways. Ecwid provides abilities to upload/download your products, orders, customers and other store data either via several APIs or via built-in Import/Export tools. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/Import-Export

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.