The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 PM

Weird Shop URL Extensions ...

Hi All:

I am getting very strange url extensions that aren't clean and plain weird:

http://deco-daze.com/#!/Art-Deco-Gra...=addedTimeDesc

Would someone please explain why this is happening and how to make it stop. I can't imagine that its great for search engines or even customers finding the page again.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Kollo View Post
Hi All:

I am getting very strange url extensions that aren't clean and plain weird:

http://deco-daze.com/#!/Art-Deco-Gra...=addedTimeDesc

Would someone please explain why this is happening and how to make it stop. I can't imagine that its great for search engines or even customers finding the page again.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for contacting us!

Ecwid is a very SEO friendly application since it uses Google AJAX indexing technology which supported by the most popular search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. Since you embeded your Ecwid store into a custom-build site, in order to make the store indexed by search engines properly, you should just make some actions. You can learn more about this in the “Google AJAX indexing for your Ecwid store” article in our Help Centre.

Also when Ecwid store owners use our ready plugins for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal platforms or our application on Wix site builder—no additional measures are needed. If you have a paid Ecwid account, your store products will automatically appear in the search results. Search indexing feature works here out of the box.

About URLs, that it doesn’t affect search engines indexing at all, quite the opposite, it helps search engines to determine which indexing method they should use.

Please look at the screenshot, I’ll explain what each part of this URL means below.
  1. Well, it’s your domain name, or simply your website address.
  2. So called “hashbang”. It’s the character sequence consisting of the characters number sign and exclamation mark (that is, "#!"). This sequence “tells” search engines such as Google that at this page is located AJAX-based application, and you know that Ecwid is AJAX-based application.
  3. The name of one of your categories in your Ecwid store.
  4. The ID-number of that category.
  5. This “offset=0” string indicates a page number. For example, if there are 9 products/categories on one page, the second page will “offset=9” string, the third “offset=18” and so on.
  6. This “sort=addedTimeDesc” part indicates a product sorting which you choose in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → General → Cart Catalog Settings → Default Products Sort Order. In this case you chose sorting by date added.

I hope this helps, but if there are any further questions, feel free to ask them.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:08 PM

Thank you for your response Kirill:

I have added the code to head of my websites html pages. However, the php end tags show up as text at the top right of the website.

Then there is talk about placing code 'after' the Ecwid integration code. Where the heck is that LoL?
I went to my design and only found css code.

I am terribly confused.

Andra
Old 04-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Oh and I already have this string of code on the site:

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="code/ecwid-js/ecwidMods.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Oh and I already have this string of code on the site:

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="code/ecwid-js/ecwidMods.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
As I understand, you was trying to add PHP codes described in this article to your HTML pages. You can’t just add this code to an HTML file. To make PHP code work, you should be able adding PHP files to your server and the server must be able to execute this PHP files, so as is said in the article, PHP and CURL extensions must be installed and enabled on your server. If you’re confused by all these words, unfortunately, there is no easy way to describe how to configure your server to work with these files. In that case, I recommend hiring a professional who will set up your server appropriate manner.

The best option would be installing one of CMS (content management system) for which we created a ready plugins and embedding your Ecwid store into it. So all this work will be done automatically.

Please mind, regardless of whether you use PHP script from the article or our plugin for CMS, for working SEO features you need one of our paid subscriptions.

Since you are on our free plan, I suggest you to read how you can get your store indexed in the other way in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...mystoreindexed

I hope this helps, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Andrea Kollo (04-17-2015)
Old 04-16-2015, 03:52 PM

OMGosh .... I feel soooo stupid. I know exactly what you're saying and I can't believe that I forgot. Its been a while since I have done any html work on the site and the information just disappeared out of my brain.

Thank you so much. I am in the process of making the changes and I am so excited.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
OMGosh .... I feel soooo stupid. I know exactly what you're saying and I can't believe that I forgot. Its been a while since I have done any html work on the site and the information just disappeared out of my brain.

Thank you so much. I am in the process of making the changes and I am so excited.

That's super cool! I hope you succeed.

As always, if any additional questions appear, do not hesitate to ask. We'll be glad to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Andrea Kollo (04-17-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 12:38 PM

Well ... I thought I was good to go. I followed the instructions and created html extension pages for every since dang category I have. Google says it can't read them, I don't get it.

In analytics they shows what google sees which is nothing except the header image and my text links. On the other panel they show that browsers see, and that is the entire page with the thumbnail and text.

I can fetch but I can't fetch and render and its not seeing the other links associated with the category even though they all have html pages and should be indexed.

I gave up once and now I remember why. There is also an issue with shipping because we can't add dimensions and if you're selling a variety of different items which includes a wide range of sizes there is no way of doing carrier calculations.

Do any of the paid plans allow you to add product dimensions for each product? We can set weight, but its irrelevant since size is what matters more than weight with postal service and courier.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

I'm very sorry for keeping you waiting so long.

Quote:
Well ... I thought I was good to go. I followed the instructions and created html extension pages for every since dang category I have. Google says it can't read them, I don't get it.

In analytics they shows what google sees which is nothing except the header image and my text links. On the other panel they show that browsers see, and that is the entire page with the thumbnail and text.

I can fetch but I can't fetch and render and its not seeing the other links associated with the category even though they all have html pages and should be indexed.
As I understand, you’re taking the approach described in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...mystoreindexed So, I believe you’ve created a separate HTML-pages for each product and category from your Ecwid store and embedded this products/categories into these pages.

You should keep in mind that before the first appearance of your pages in the search results must pass a couple of weeks. Anyway, can you specify which tool shows you that Google can’t read your pages? Providing me with screenshots where I can see those analytics results also would be helpful.

And as was said in the abovementioned article, this approach works the best if you have a few products and categories. Since you have over 600 products and a lot of categories, I recommend you using Google AJAX indexing method.

With Google AJAX indexing you have two options:
  1. Integrate a custom script described in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...cwid-store#Any site
  2. Using one of CMS and our ready plugins

The first option is suitable for custom-build sites as yours. In this article, we have given an example of such a script for sites that are created by means of PHP language. If your site’s written in some other programming language, or just in a simple HTML, this script won’t work. Following this approach requires some programming skills, so if you need help, I recommend you to hire a programmer to do the job.

The second way is much easier. To do this, you should moving your website and shop at one of the major CMS as WordPress, Joomla or Drupal. To do this, you need a webserver with PHP support for PHP, on which you can install one of these CMS. For these platforms we have created ready plugins that will do all the work for you and optimize your store store for indexing.

To summarize the above, for setting up your site for Google AJAX indexing, you need:
  1. Custom script/CMS with our ready plugins
  2. One of our paid subscriptions (starting with Venture)

Quote:
I gave up once and now I remember why. There is also an issue with shipping because we can't add dimensions and if you're selling a variety of different items which includes a wide range of sizes there is no way of doing carrier calculations.

Do any of the paid plans allow you to add product dimensions for each product? We can set weight, but its irrelevant since size is what matters more than weight with postal service and courier.
As for your second question, at this point, you can specify the size of parcels only for the entire order (Ecwid control panel > System Settings > Shipping > Shipping Methods > Carrier-calculated > Account Details > Settings > Parcel Dimensions).

If you have a wide range of parcel sizes, you can use the "Shipping Freight" option (Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > Product details page > Tax and Shipping tab) with which you can add a fixed rate to each product and that rate will be added to your custom or carrier-calculated shipping rates.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:31 PM

I realise that this is an old post, however I have concerns with Google not indexing store items that use the ecwid e-commerce platform.

For example: If you search for: "Genuine 1920s Art Deco Diamond Platinum Ring"
then you should receive the following page in the results:
http://www.deco-daze.com/index.html#...ategory=174187

But you don't.

And if you search for: ring site:deco-daze.com
you receive a bunch of results that are broken pages (she has 26 products with 'ring' in the description when you search her store directly).

I'm having this issue with a friends site that is hosted with Crazy Domains, where none of her store items are being indexed by Google.

If you submit a store item URL directly with Google at: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url

For example: http://horsefly.com.au/#!/The-Perfec...tegory=9269399

You receive error "The URL you entered is invalid. Please make sure you have typed it correctly and that it uses the proper syntax and try again."

Do we know if something has changed to prevent ecwid store items from being indexed?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.