The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:45 AM

How to stop indexing of store?

Selling to distributors only. Password protected store. Please tell me everything I need to do to avoid having our store indexed in any search engine, from mobile, to inline or anything else. I tried turning off mobile version, but see no options to do so. The inline should be password protected, unless I've missed something. Would like Ecwid to check it to make sure I've set it up to not be public, and turn off the mobile, and suggest anything else I need to do to make sure the public cannot view the protected pricing to our dealers only.

Thanks
Webmaster, Tina Whittimore

p.s. If I enable the store front URL in System Settings/Store Profile, is that only seen by me and Ecwid staff or does that make the page public, because I would like to continue using the button that says "Visit Store Front" inside of the control panel since it's convenient - but have disabled it, but may not need to if it doesn't affect what the public sees.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM

The biggest advice we can give is to use hidden categories. This will effectively hide products from the mobile version. if your hidden categories are placed onto the password protected pages on your site, then search engines will not ever be able to reach those, and the mobile version will show nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.