The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 PM

Customer Groups

I have a couple of questions concerning Customer Groups. How many customer groups can I make? 5 would probably be enough but it would be great to know what the max amount is.

For the most part my discounts are a percentage but some items I just want to charge a flat rate. For example one customer has all his items discounted at a certain rate but two of the items I must discount more than the other items. Is there a way to do this? Or, is there a work around for this type of issue? I could make a Customer Group with just this customer in it, but if I can't change individual item pricing for some items (not a blanket percentage) it does me no good.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Ecwid Team

The number of Customers groups available for creation through Customers tab -> Customer groups page of your Ecwid control panel doesn’t have a limit. You can have as many as you require.

Discounts based on Customer groups are applied to all products available in your store. If you wish to offer a discount for just some of your products you can create a discount coupon applicable only to the specified products. The Discount coupons feature is one of the advantages offered with paid Ecwid subscriptions. You can combine discount coupons for certain products with discounts provided by Customer groups and make your pricing more flexible.

help portal
The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:
Jim Crawford (02-04-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the info and quick reply. I have one more question before I purchase a business plan. Will the discount I give a Customer Group show up on individual items once the customer logs in or is it just a discount off the total order that doesn't show up until you are ready to check out?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Ecwid Team

All site visitors will see same product prices regardless of Customer Group their accounts are assigned to. Discounts offered with Customer Groups only apply to the products’ cost and are displayed to the buyer in his shopping basket and during checkout.

If you have further questions please let me know.

help portal
Old 06-26-2014, 04:04 PM

When applying the 'coupon' to a customer, may we choose this to be active for whole Categories? Do we have to set a time limit on this coupon or may it stay open indefinitely? Ie: Customers on tiers, Bronze, Gold, Platinum...each with varying discounts on certain categories of products only.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex McClenaghan View Post
When applying the 'coupon' to a customer, may we choose this to be active for whole Categories? Do we have to set a time limit on this coupon or may it stay open indefinitely? Ie: Customers on tiers, Bronze, Gold, Platinum...each with varying discounts on certain categories of products only.
Hello!

Currently Ecwid supports various discount features. Among them are Discount coupons and Discounts for customer groups. (Please mind, these feature is available in paid Ecwid plans, starting from Venture).

A discount coupon code is a secret code which a customer can use to get a discount when making a purchase. You can create a new coupon code in Ecwid control panel, Promotions -> Discount coupon page and share it to your customers in any suitable way.

A coupon discount can be: free shipping, absolute discount (e.g. $5 off) or percent discount (e.g. 10% off).

Quote:
When applying the 'coupon' to a customer, may we choose this to be active for whole Categories?
Yes, you can. Discount coupons can be applied for certain categories or even products. You can set this on the Discount coupon page clicking on [limits] link in the coupon line.

Quote:
Do we have to set a time limit on this coupon or may it stay open indefinitely?
Ecwid allows set the following limits for coupon applying: time frames, minimum order subtotal, number of uses and use by repeat customer only. Such settings you also can make clicking on [limits] link on the Discount coupon page.

Customer Groups allow you to group/categorize your customers. You can manage them in Ecwid control panel>Customers>Customer Groups. After creating groups you like and associating your customers with them you can provide special discounts for these groups.

Discounts for different customers groups are based on the following criteria: order subtotal, kind of customers groups or both kind of customers groups and subtotal.
Such discount can be: flate rate discount (e.g. $5 off) or percent discount (e.g. 10% off).

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.