The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith M View Post
I too would like to add images (already uploaded ones) into the descriptions--or the ability to move the product image from always on top of the text to beside it.

Currently I am finding the url of the image already uploaded and entering it into a table, to force the image beside the description, rather than above. Tables are slow and fiddly to work with, compared to say how the images/text are handled in a wordpress post; enter the text, click on your gallery of uploaded images, drag one into the post, align it and done.
Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20624#2

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:01 PM

Default Sorry..possibly a dumb question.. insert/edit image URL

When you create a new product after you have put the description in you have an option to insert/Edit image.. when you click on that it asks for a URL but the image is on my computer..I cant work out easily how to upload this image

thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio pisanelli View Post
When you create a new product after you have put the description in you have an option to insert/Edit image.. when you click on that it asks for a URL but the image is on my computer..I cant work out easily how to upload this image

thanks
Hello Antonio!

As I understand, your question concerns the “Product description” field in the control panel -> Catalog -> Products -> a product page.
Below I will explain in short words how this “Product description” field works.

Product description is usually used to add general information about product, which will be shown on the product detailed page in Ecwid storefront. Furthermore, the description block can be used not just to show the text, you can also add video overview, images, animated elements that will help you to show your product in a more favorable way.
These features are included into the description box which use special editor (TinyMCE) with options of WYSIWYG and HTML editing.

In order to add images to this editor, it is necessary to upload these images somewhere (for example to your server or any image hosting service).
Then you should add URL address of the image, which should be shown in the product description in WYSIWYG editor of the “Product description” field -> Insert/edit image popup.

As I can see, you already added an image in the product description. In case you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:07 PM

I was never able to figure out how to use the Flickr photos. Those links just didn't work. Instead I tried uploading into a Facebook photo album and those worked perfectly.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Steiner View Post
I was never able to figure out how to use the Flickr photos. Those links just didn't work. Instead I tried uploading into a Facebook photo album and those worked perfectly.
Hi Cathy,

Thanks for contacting us.

You can use Flickr to upload photos there and then use the URL of the uploaded image to insert it to a product description.

To add an image to product description:
1. Go to Flickr and upload an image there. Copy the URL (the link from the browser address bar) of the uploaded image.
2. Go to Control panel > Catalog > Products and click on the product, for which you want to add an image.
3. In the Description field click on the icon of a picture, see the screenshot http://take.ms/YJkbq
4. In the opened popup insert the URL in the corresponding field http://take.ms/KvbqB '
5. Click Insert and Save.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We'll be glad to help you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Good news!

We released a new product description editor for all Ecwid stores. It allows uploading an image from your local computer as well as pasting it with a URL.

See this article for the information about the new editor features and best practices on creating your product descriptions: http://www.ecwid.com/blog/the-new-ed...id-stores.html

Thanks.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.