View Poll Results: Do you like this worksheet and would you like tutorials and updates?
Yes - Thanks so much - keep it coming 24 92.31%
No - why would I need this 1 3.85%
I would like tutorials via youtube or pdf 3 11.54%
I would not care to have tutorials 1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:33 PM

check it now the download should be available via the first post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 PM

works in IE, failed in Firefox though,
Never mind, downloaded it and will have a look on Monday - the weekend has finally arrived for me (retailer ;-))
Old 06-19-2011, 01:09 AM

I don't see where this does anything that cannot be already done with either Quick Books or Peach Tree And I believe Quick Books is much easier. You can keep track of inventory, sales, profit, vendors, customers and much more. Seems like a lot of work on your part when you could have just bought a program that already does this.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Buys View Post
I don't see where this does anything that cannot be already done with either Quick Books or Peach Tree And I believe Quick Books is much easier. You can keep track of inventory, sales, profit, vendors, customers and much more. Seems like a lot of work on your part when you could have just bought a program that already does this.
LOL. I will take your Quickbooks and Peach Tree and raise you a Microsoft Retail Management System. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/dy....aspx?pageID=2
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynam...-overview.aspx

The reality is a retail management software is really what is needed. But who is going to spend thousands on something like that especially just getting started.

Furthermore, Quickbooks is not actually made to handle something like retail sales which is what we are all here doing. Yes it will handle basic inventory but not something as robust as tracking every sale, applying a discount to the sale (if one was given) and then total that together based upon what location did and / sold what.

Still furthermore, to say it is easier than my spreadsheet is an impossibility. You could be a caveman and use my spreadsheet. It has literally only two pages / sheets of information. Is it RMS >>> Heck no.

Lastly, the cost of purchasing Quickbooks $350+, and trying to learn it so you can enter in tons of inventory and then try to figure how to program and track it for the purposes of retail sales would be almost ludicrous.

Still lastly, the information that Quickbooks or even Microsoft RMS derives could and still would be used to feed info into a spreadsheet like Excel to "crunch the numbers."

Q: I have a PC that runs Microsoft Office and my accounting software. Can I use this computer, and does Microsoft Retail Management System work with my other software?
A: Yes. Microsoft Retail Management System integrates with Microsoft Office and with various accounting applications at the summary general ledger level, including Microsoft Business Solutions accounting products (Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains, Microsoft Business Solutions Small Business Manager), QuickBooks, Peachtree, ackbaud, and MYOB.
For example, you will have the ability to export working reports into Microsoft Excel for further data analysis, or use Microsoft Word to do a mail merge of customer information stored in your new Microsoft Retail Management System database for targeted marketing campaigns.

Finally, and this is the main point, my Excel workbook is an extremely easy to use, extremely low cost solution, that will do some very similar things that to Microsoft RMS and yes beyond even quickbooks. For getting started doing what we are doing and until we can afford an amazing program like Microsoft RMS to handle all our inventory / retails sales needs this little spreadsheet workbook is very good.

Still Finally, I did a lot of work so that others can download it and use it with ease. Why take the time and criticize something you really do not know much about?

And you and or anyone is welcome to download it try it and give feedback for what was actually used and or tried.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Just bought my silver account today and downloaded my Joomla Rockettheme template. I am ready to rock and roll. I will add a quick video tutorial as soon as I can. As well, I will be adding **** An Access database to accompany the inventory workbook.**** be on the lookout for that. Either way, this workbook is excellent for your excel needs. Access will only make it more amazing.!.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Talking You're a genius!

Hi,

Just want to tell you that I think you are AMAZING!

I have a small business dealing in furniture, antiques, decor and collectables. I have been looking for a simple (meaning simple for me to use, not simply made!) program in excel that can double up as a 'till' as well as stock control system (yes i have a till and yes its antique....) Knowing more about antiques than i do about computers and excel I was amazed to stumble upon your amazing work of art. It was like you made it just for me!
I have to say that due to my ignorance and stupidity it cost me a fortune! Was running on 2003 and downloaded countless compatability packs, service packs one to 936, joined forum after forum......all on my 3g card. Now this IGNORAMOUS of mammoth proportions has now got a cellphone bill that is jawdropping. Needless to say none of that worked and I had to end up upgrading to 2010 anyway. As if I didn't have a clue how to work excel as it was, now I have even less idea as the whole bloody layout has changed!

Right, now that you know how clever you are and how dumb I am, I shall get to my point:
I am terrrified of unwittingly changing any formulas when transferring all my stock into the spreadsheet. Is there a way I can 'lock' all your brilliantness into the spreadsheet before I let myself loose on it? When I copy and paste all my data over it creates little green arrow thingys in the Jan-Feb sales sheets and I got no idea what thats all about. I only know how to do the most basic of things in excel, Sorry!
A good portion of my stock is consignment stock. Is there any way one can identify/mark if an item is on consignment item or not on the master inv sheet and then trnsferr any sales of only those items over to a consignment recon sheet for easy reference on payout day?

Thank you for all your hard work and thank you thank you for sharing it!

Love Kirsty in South Africa x
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 AM

Hey Kirsty... I am VERY HAPPY you appreciate the work. Let me get to helping you... When you say copy and paste in Jan February sales sheets I am assuming you are back tracking your sales for those months. Which is great.

With that said I would suggest manually putting in all inventory first on the Master inventory sheet. This should auto populate the same information via the initial table for the Master Sales sheet. From there I would manually put in the the very first "sale" in the sale sheets month so that you don't mess up any formula's at first. Then, I would do the copy and paste of ONLY the item Names and or Item numbers. This way, when you copy the first lines formula all the way down the sheet it will begin to auto populate the other information as well while preserving the cell's formula. And, don't forget to specify weather it was a sale Yes or No. Very important.

Which brings me to your next concern which was about locking in the formula's per the cell. I guess I should add this feature so people don't mess things up. I will get on it and yes you can do that...

Lastly, YES you can have another column that specify's if it was sold on consignment or not. something like Powerpivot would help tremedously with extrapolating this information on a monthly basis and or a formula like the ones I have created. Powerpivot is an extra learning thing and download but very good to have and do. It is a free tool as well...

Anyway, the initial way to do this would be to simply add in a column via every months sales sheet table. Make a list via every sale of sold on consignment or not and i.e. Consignment for the column and the answer Yes or No will be chosen.

LOL, have a Lost you yet? try to see what you can do and I will help you out surely.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, you did lose me a bit, but i shall forge on ahead regardless!

A bit sad at having to enter everything manually...all 962 items but thats not your problem now is it?

Will let you know how it goes and thank you again!

Kirsty x
Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 PM

Special Update coming today for Google Merchant Center.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Ok, I can't edit the title of the page so I believe I will have to start a new thread. :-( Let me ask if it is necessary.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
excel, inventory, sales, workbook, worksheets