The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Exclamation

Stock Control not working - can't change SKU to previously used value, product variation SKU issue, downgraded from paid to free plan

Hi.

I'm currently on the free plan. In June, 2014, I upgraded to the cheapest paid ECWID plan pan for one month, so I could track inventory on a per-size basis for a limited period of time. Then I downgraded back to the free plan one month later. I think this is the primary cause of the issues I'm encountering now.

I just noticed that when I try to update the inventory per item, not per-size (screenshot), the amount isn't updated on our website (screenshot). I also noticed that the sku on the store is different from the one in my ecwid dashboard. But I can't change it to the SKU being displayed in the store, because it says it's already taken (screenshot), even though no item with that SKU exists in my catalogue (screenshot). It also tells me, when hovering over the SKU, that "This product has variations that affect this value" (screenshot), but I don't have a plan that allows me to have variations anymore.

How I can I resolve this? Cloning all my current items with completely new SKU's would be time consuming and lose all of my historical sale data for each item. Do I have to temporarily upgrade my plan to change the SKU's of the product combos that are currently invisible? Or is there some other issue I am missing?

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwatcher View Post
Hi.

I'm currently on the free plan. In June, 2014, I upgraded to the cheapest paid ECWID plan pan for one month, so I could track inventory on a per-size basis for a limited period of time. Then I downgraded back to the free plan one month later. I think this is the primary cause of the issues I'm encountering now.

I just noticed that when I try to update the inventory per item, not per-size (screenshot), the amount isn't updated on our website (screenshot). I also noticed that the sku on the store is different from the one in my ecwid dashboard. But I can't change it to the SKU being displayed in the store, because it says it's already taken (screenshot), even though no item with that SKU exists in my catalogue (screenshot). It also tells me, when hovering over the SKU, that "This product has variations that affect this value" (screenshot), but I don't have a plan that allows me to have variations anymore.

How I can I resolve this? Cloning all my current items with completely new SKU's would be time consuming and lose all of my historical sale data for each item. Do I have to temporarily upgrade my plan to change the SKU's of the product combos that are currently invisible? Or is there some other issue I am missing?

Thanks.
Hello,

thank you for getting in touch with us.

Most likely, you have organised the stock control by means of Product Variations feature when you were on a paid plan. That's why your items have the individual stock levels and separate SKU numbers for each size.

When your account was downgraded to Free plan, the ability to edit the variations was lost, however the stock levels and separate SKUs remained active on the website.

I have reached you by email. Please, check the inbox of the email, used for registering your store, for a solution.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
downgrade, inventory, product combinations, sku, stock control