The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Inventory not deducting automatically

Hello,

I have just released several new products and noticed that the inventory is not being deducted automatically. The sales have gone through and I have received a notification from both Ecwid and PayPal.

I am worried that the rest of my products may not have correct inventory totals now as well.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?
Thank you!
Ryn
Old 10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by designsbyryn View Post
Hello,

I have just released several new products and noticed that the inventory is not being deducted automatically. The sales have gone through and I have received a notification from both Ecwid and PayPal.

I am worried that the rest of my products may not have correct inventory totals now as well.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?
Thank you!
Ryn
Hi,

Ecwid updates the product inventory automatically: if a product has certain quantity in stock (setup in Ecwid control panel>Catalog>Products>product editing page, section "Stock Control"), it's reduced once this product has been bought.
To understand why the inventory wasn't updated in your store, we need to examine the order history closely. Please, let me know the following:
- names or SKUs of the products in question
- IDs of the sales
- What makes you think that the inventory wasn't deducted?

Thank you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 PM

Default info for products not deducted from inventory

Hello Lana,

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is the info for the products that I noticed were not being deducted from my store's inventory.

Please note, these are the first three that I looked at that day which makes me think that more could be off as well. I don't have my inventory recorded anywhere other than my Ecwid store so there is no other way for me to double check other than physically counting my inventory. I have not yet done this because it is stored and shipped from a different city.

Since this occurrence I have noticed that the inventory is deducting again. I am not sure how many products were affected and which numbers are off.

Sku's and product names:
- CM-F22 - Abstract Leaf Set
- CM-F23 - Compound Leaf
- CM-F19 - Fiddlehead Set

ID of sales I noticed weren't deducting (I made many sales that day. Any from 12:00pm onward are in question). Here are a few that include the products listed above.
October 11,2013 before 6:00pm

What makes me think the inventory wasn't being deducted:
I released 7 new products and restocked many of my products before noon on October 11,2013. I had the correct totals of the stamps being added to my site's inventory written down in order to add them to the already exisiting inventory on the site. Because I announced a new release I made many sales that day and was monitoring things extra closely. I noticed that after several sales the numbers weren't automatically changing on the new products. Unfortunately I cannot say which already existing products we're affected because I did not record the total of the inventory before I added more to it for each product.

If you need any more information from me please ask. I very much appreciate your help as doing a recount of my entire store would be a lot of work and I want to make sure that everything is working properly before I do that.

Thank you,
Ryn
Old 10-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello Lana,

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is the info for the products that I noticed were not being deducted from my store's inventory.

Please note, these are the first three that I looked at that day which makes me think that more could be off as well. I don't have my inventory recorded anywhere other than my Ecwid store so there is no other way for me to double check other than physically counting my inventory. I have not yet done this because it is stored and shipped from a different city.

Since this occurrence I have noticed that the inventory is deducting again. I am not sure how many products were affected and which numbers are off.

Sku's and product names:
- CM-F23 - Compound Leaf

ID of sales I noticed weren't deducting (I made many sales that day. Any from 12:00pm onward are in question). Here are a few that include the products listed above.

I released 7 new products and restocked many of my products before noon on October 11,2013. I had the correct totals of the stamps being added to my site's inventory written down in order to add them to the already exisiting inventory on the site. Because I announced a new release I made many sales that day and was monitoring things extra closely. I noticed that after several sales the numbers weren't automatically changing on the new products. Unfortunately I cannot say which already existing products we're affected because I did not record the total of the inventory before I added more to it for each product.

If you need any more information from me please ask. I very much appreciate your help as doing a recount of my entire store would be a lot of work and I want to make sure that everything is working properly before I do that.

Thank you,
Ryn
Hi,

Thank you for so detailed report. We're investigating this issue closely and checking the database records of your orders. I'll keep you posted what we find.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello Lana,

Sku's and product names:
- CM-F23 - Compound Leaf

Thank you,
Ryn
Hi,

We've thoroughly examined the log records. The inventory was updated each time an order was registered. But it looks like at some time on Oct 11 or the moment those orders were being places, products CM-F22, CM-F23, CM-F19 had Unlimited option enabled:
in Ecwid control panel>Catalog>Products>product page> section "Stock Control". Meaning, you submitted a quantity and yet kept "Unlimited" turned on. When this setting is enabled, quantity in stock is considered not limited hence inventory for this product is not updated (quantity is not reduced).
Later on Oct 11 new orders did update the inventory of all these three products, and it should be updated right now as well.
Sorry if that caused confusion. We'll consider how to improve this.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Default Thank you!

Hello Lana,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly examine my case. I see now what had happened and am very relieved that everything is working as it should be. I will keep what you said in mind going forward.

Again, thanks for the excellent support!
Ryn
Old 02-24-2014, 07:45 PM

I am experiencing a similar issue with my account but have not set the inventory to quantity to "unlimited" ever.

See item SKU 00405

Is it because one of the quantities is set to unlimited?

Last edited by CHIKARA Inc; 02-24-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:12 PM

Default Inventory not deducting properly (x2)

Similar issue as posted by different user. We have some items that have limited quantities but other options of that same item are "unlimited". Is this what is causing the issue with inventory not updating correctly?

See item SKU 00405

Is inventory not updating properly because one of the quantities is set to unlimited?

Reference: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23546
Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIKARA Inc View Post
I am experiencing a similar issue with my account but have not set the inventory to quantity to "unlimited" ever.

See item SKU 00405

Is it because one of the quantities is set to unlimited?
Hi,

Yes, when an item has unlimited inventory, customers can buy any number of items of this product and there's no need in tracking how many has been bought.
Product SKU 00405 has three variations. One of them "General Admission" has in stock setting as Unlimited. Please check in your Ecwid control panel>Catalog>Products>product page, tab 'Options'. When someone buys this very variation, its quantity isn't changed anyhow.
If you have a limited quantity of this variation in your stock, you should change the variation's setting "Quantity in Stock" to "Limited to".

Old 03-17-2014, 06:09 PM

We are having this same issue again on this item - SKU 00441

Are you saying that if one of the options is set with a limited quantity, all options must be a limited quantity in order for it to work?

Example:
Currently our item is set up with the following options --

First Row (Qty. 46)
Second Row (Qty. 55)
General Admission (Qty. Unlimited)

Does it need to be changed to the following in order for quantities to update properly?

First Row (Qty. 46)
Second Row (Qty. 55)
General Admission ( Qty. 800)

Please review issue because we keep overselling our First and Second rows due to this issue and have to offer refunds.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
inventory