The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 PM

Arrow

Inventory integration

I am needing to figure out a way for my client's online ecwid store to integrate with his in-store inventory tracking software.

He wants it so that when a product is sold in the store, the inventory on the web is automatically updated for that product. He uses Keystroke point of sale software, and they say that they are available to integrate with "nearly any cart software out there." We'll see.

Is that something that is available? have I overlooked it somewhere? I love using ecwid, and would love to get this particular client hooked as well.

thanks.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamon Abercrombie View Post
I am needing to figure out a way for my client's online ecwid store to integrate with his in-store inventory tracking software.

He wants it so that when a product is sold in the store, the inventory on the web is automatically updated for that product. He uses Keystroke point of sale software, and they say that they are available to integrate with "nearly any cart software out there." We'll see.

Is that something that is available? have I overlooked it somewhere? I love using ecwid, and would love to get this particular client hooked as well.

thanks.
Hi Jamon,

Should this update be instant (i.e. in realtime) or it's OK to do the sync for example daily only?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 PM

thanks q,
for their needs, they need it to update nearly real-time. they want to minimize the chance for online users ordering something they don't have on-hand in the physical store.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamon Abercrombie View Post
thanks q,
for their needs, they need it to update nearly real-time. they want to minimize the chance for online users ordering something they don't have on-hand in the physical store.
Currently this is only partially possible. You can request the quantity of your products at the moment via our Product API ( http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25285101/Product-API ), but there is no notifications on new orders or inventory updates and you cannot remotely update the Ecwid's inventory (this can be done only manually or with imports, but again attendance is required and it is not quite real-time).

You can also monitor a mail box with a script, that parses your Ecwid admin e-mail notifications (they can be specially changed in the Ecwid control panel for easier parsing), and triggers a Product API request and an update on the off-site inventory database.

Product API is currently read-only, which prohibits merchants from remote updates. In the future releases we are planning to upgrade our Product API, so that it becomes remotely writeable. Also the Orders and WebHooks API will appear, so you can have callbacks upon new orders and request their details and update the database outside Ecwid on these events.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 PM

Has there been any update regarding the above posts?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainstream Boutique View Post
Has there been any update regarding the above posts?
Hello,

Yes, Ecwid API has been improved and we continue working on it:
• Orders in Ecwid API and Webhooks are already available:
http://api.ecwid.com/#orders
http://api.ecwid.com/#webhooks

• The extended version of Product API, which allows editing the products from outside the store, is under development at the moment. It will be released in one of the future versions of Ecwid.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Vitaliy G; 12-07-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:10 AM

This was last discussed a year ago.
Any updates?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:06 AM

You can get details of what has been sold via the Order API (triggered by the ION if required for real-time) and you can use the Product API to set stock levels.

I have a similar system working for another Ecwid customer, as long as you have a consistent SKU on both ends there's no reason why you can't keep systems in sync.

The only issue is that you can't update the Product API by SKU, only Ecwid ID so you'll need to map these yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Monaghan For This Useful Post:
Eugene Rimmer (09-06-2013), Maya (09-06-2013)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
inventory, tracking