The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Printing All New Invoices - open printable html please!

I have come to Ecwid from CRELoaded and a simple and efficient step we performed when filling orders was printing all new order invoices at one time. We can no longer do this in ecwid because it will not allow us to open the Printable Invoice in a New Tab ... preview the actual invoice before we print it.

We did this using Firefox and the Universal Print plugin which allows you to print all Open Tabs at one time. All we had to do was right click the the invoice link of each new order, select Open in New Tab, and then printed all the tabs using Universal Print. This saved at least 20 minutes every day and made filling the web orders much more efficient. Print all, Pick all, Ship all.

Having to print each order 1 by 1 is a huge time waster. I am hoping there is an easy way for me to simply open a Printable Invoice in a new tab, so we can continue using Universal Print.

As it stands right now, we never even see the printable invoice, which is silly because we cannot copy and paste, take screen shots or catch a problem before we waste paper. I have a feeling there is a technical reason for this, as it's shared by so many, but regardless of the reason, it won't be good enough.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, as always they are much appreciated.

1. The best way to suggest a new idea is to use our ideas base. It's a place which we use specially for storing the things which we should add to Ecwid. The more votes an idea has, the faster it will be implemented.
So, please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ting?ref=title

2. As a quick workaround, if you want to preview an invoice, you can print it to a PDF file.

3. Which way do you prefer:

- a new "Print selected" option on the orders page: you can print all orders quickly, but no HTML preview
- HTML preview of aninvoice before printing: one extra click will be required to print a single invoice
- a new "View Invoice" button which will show an HTML preview of an invoice?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 10-12-2010, 04:55 PM

1) I have voted for the idea
2) I don't consider this a workaround considering the time and steps it adds, especially with the people involved here.

3) My preference is the one that you can implement the fastest that doesn't require everyone to vote for the idea!

"Print Selected" would be ideal and I think everyone would love it! This would solve our problem and really be a nice addition to ecwid.
The Following User Says Thank You to webmalone For This Useful Post:
Expecting Well (02-15-2012)
Old 10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmalone View Post
1) I have voted for the idea
2) I don't consider this a workaround considering the time and steps it adds, especially with the people involved here.

3) My preference is the one that you can implement the fastest that doesn't require everyone to vote for the idea!

"Print Selected" would be ideal and I think everyone would love it! This would solve our problem and really be a nice addition to ecwid.
Thank you! The "Print Selected" will not show the HTML preview of the printed orders, is it OK?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM

Print Selected would allow us to print all the New Invoices at one time and save a tremendous amount of time!!!

If I had to choose between Print Selected and HTML Invoice Preview, I would certainly choose Print Selected.

But we would still use the HTML Invoice, probably daily, as we commonly take screenshots of a customer's invoice and email it to them for record keeping, or proof when something was ordered/shipped. Yes we can print a PDF but embedding a screenshot in an email is much faster and acrobat is not required on either end.

Thanks for asking!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for the feedback!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 PM

Is this now available?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Unfortunately, this functionality hasn't been added in Ecwid yet. Please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...voices-and-set

We will email you when it will be added in Ecwid.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
invoice, link, print