The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Adwords Conversion Tracking not working

Dear Ecwid team,

I have looked at the other threads regarding this issue and did not find an answer to my problem.

Conversions are not showing up in Google Adwords, but are showing in Analytics. But I do not know if this is accurate at all.

This is my store URL http://www.prayer-bracelet.com

In de Adwords conversion setup screen I see "Unverified" under "Tracking Status"

I followed the instructions in the knowledge base to the letter. What am I doing wrong? Adwords without conversion tracking is throwing money in a dark pit.

Also I noticed a problem with PayPal in the other threads (because of last screen after a sale is made). Is there a similar problem with 2checkout? because we use that payment gateway.

Looking forward to an sollution.

Kind Regards,
Max
Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello Max,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilian View Post
Dear Ecwid team,

I have looked at the other threads regarding this issue and did not find an answer to my problem.

Conversions are not showing up in Google Adwords, but are showing in Analytics. But I do not know if this is accurate at all.

This is my store URL http://www.prayer-bracelet.com

In de Adwords conversion setup screen I see "Unverified" under "Tracking Status"

I followed the instructions in the knowledge base to the letter. What am I doing wrong? Adwords without conversion tracking is throwing money in a dark pit.
As far as I know, the issue you discovered is usually caused by the fact that Google hasn't verify the tracking code. In other words, it means that the tracking code either has been improperly added to your store's thank you page or hasn't been executed yet. In particular, the 'Unverified' status may mean that there hasn't been any completed order since you integrated AdWords with your store.

In order to verify the tracking code, please do the following:
1) Check if the tracking code is properly installed in your store. (However, as far as I can see, you've correctly installed it).
2) Place a test order in your store so that the tracking code will execute and send necessary data to Google. That will let Google know that the code works. After that, Google will most likely approve your installation.

Please also refer to this article in the Google help center for the details:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en

If that doesn't help, please let us know so we will continue investigating the issue.

Quote:
Also I noticed a problem with PayPal in the other threads (because of last screen after a sale is made). Is there a similar problem with 2checkout? because we use that payment gateway.
Could you please detail the question? What problem do you mean?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 10-15-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:36 PM

The paypal thing is something i read in another thread, about paypal overriding the last checkout screen...

Eugine Rimmer had the following solution for it:
Quote:
According to this article: http://www.roirevolution.com/blog/20...3_branding.php PayPal may override the tracked source, so as a result, the AdWords conversions will not be properly tracked. But you can fix this behavior by having the
Code:
?utm_nooverride=1
parameter in the URL where your customers return after PayPal.

So, as you may see, the problem is not caused by Ecwid or any exact setup of Ecwid.

I would recommend to put this parameter to the Store Front URL of your Ecwid shop (see Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Store Profile). This way, when customers return from PayPal, that parameter will be in place and the consversion should be tracked properly.
So I was wondering if the 2checkout payment gateway does something Similar
Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 PM

In Google analytics there is already a Adwords campaign conversion tracked... so this should have triggered the Adwords verrification...

Strange that its showing in Analytics... and not in Adwords...
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM

hmm read the two threads you posted, Maybe it needs time... it could be its an returning customer and that is why google adwords did not track it yet.''

I'll keep you posted "Makfruit", thanks for the help.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
adwords, conversion tracking