The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM

Question RE: User attached files to order

The ability for the user to upload a file with their order is the main feature I'm interested in that ecwid offers. My question is, is it possible to have an order open, but unprocessed until the user uploads the file to complete the order?

Trying to sell print services online is difficult due to each order requiring custom artwork. My flow plan for the shopping cart is to offer the customer the ability to download a template file they can modify both on the product page as well as when they're at the checkout stage (like digital download products). They will need to modify this file or upload one of their own creation in order for me to print anything.

It would be awesome if ecwid was able to email an upload link related to their order they can use after they've had a chance to get their artwork together without having the transaction stall at the checkout stage. The order would then proceed once the artwork is uploaded and the transaction is considered complete.

Finding information beyond the basics on this feature is impossible without a silver level account. Is somebody able to offer more light on this feature and let me know if this kind of implementation is possible? I'm hesitant to sign up for a product I'm not sure that I can use.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPP Store View Post
The ability for the user to upload a file with their order is the main feature I'm interested in that ecwid offers. My question is, is it possible to have an order open, but unprocessed until the user uploads the file to complete the order?

Trying to sell print services online is difficult due to each order requiring custom artwork. My flow plan for the shopping cart is to offer the customer the ability to download a template file they can modify both on the product page as well as when they're at the checkout stage (like digital download products). They will need to modify this file or upload one of their own creation in order for me to print anything.

It would be awesome if ecwid was able to email an upload link related to their order they can use after they've had a chance to get their artwork together without having the transaction stall at the checkout stage. The order would then proceed once the artwork is uploaded and the transaction is considered complete.

Finding information beyond the basics on this feature is impossible without a silver level account. Is somebody able to offer more light on this feature and let me know if this kind of implementation is possible? I'm hesitant to sign up for a product I'm not sure that I can use.
Hello,

Please refer to this article:
How can a customer upload their files when purchasing a product?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 AM

Question

How can this be done in the CHECKOUT section??
Thanks
SR
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_ View Post
How can this be done in the CHECKOUT section??
Thanks
SR
Thank you very much for the update.

Please, refer to the following thread, for example: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9963

Wish you all the best!
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.