The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:09 AM

tabs does not respond to mobile design??

Im also adding this to my product pages on my wix site..

I changed the width so that it fits right under the gallery.
Only problem with this, is it is not mobile responsive.. How do I correct this?

I want to keep the width I have it at for the desktop site, but I want the tabs box to be full width on the mobile.

See images.

Also, can someone please help me with the other obvious issue in the images:
The description is overlapping the buttons.

I have posted a thread for this with several other issues concerning my mobile view being completely jacked up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 6.02.52 PM.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	3649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 6.03.43 PM.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	3650  

Last edited by Karah Cheramie; 02-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Annelisa!

Thank you for the reply! I'm sorry for the delay in answer.

I've checked your CSS theme and it works fine. That's how tabs look like in my test store:

Probably, you've added the code to the duplicated Red theme, so that's why it hasn't worked. I would recommend you to create a new CSS theme in your Ecwid control panel->Settings->Design->Create CSS Theme and paste your code there:

Then activate the theme and save the changes.

I hope it will help! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Una Q., Ecwid Support Team
Old 02-27-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Una Q View Post
Hello, Annelisa!

Thank you for contacting us. I am really sorry you faced difficulties with tabs adding! I will be happy to help.

I’ve checked the way tabs are added to the product description in a Wix website and it works properly. Also, I’ve inspected your product descriptions in your control panel and found out that you didn’t paste the right code in product description fields. I can’t examine your Wix settings, so let me just provide you with a detailed instruction.

In order to add tabs you need to follow the next steps:

1) Go to Wix HTML Editor->Pages->"Online Store” page. Then click “Settings” button, Choose “Design” tab and scroll down to Advanced settings. There is a box where you can add the code.

You need to add the following code there:

2) Then go to your Ecwid control panel->Catalog->Products, open a product to edit and paste the below code in the description tab->HTML editor

Once you open HTML editor, add the following code there:

Please remember to rename "Tab name" to the titles of your description tabs and replace the "Tab content” with your own description.

3) And the last step — go to your Ecwid control panel> Settings>Design->Edit Theme and add the following code to your current CSS theme (open the link and copy the code): http://pastebin.com/raw/u0sCiQyf Save the changes.

I’ve just added tabs to the product description in my test store on a Wix website and they all are displayed as they should:

That’s it. I really hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me Una,

I actually went back to create a new theme and I copied and paste all the instructions from here, not even using my own custom css for the tabs.

But it still looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk9i0l8gfn...%20AM.png?dl=0

Just wondering what is wrong, not sure if the problem is with wix.com.

Regards,
Annelisa
Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi, Annelisa!

Thank you for your reply! Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in answer.

I’m really sorry it still doesn’t work for you. If you don’t mind let’s double check all your settings once again. I’ve just sent a message with details on that matter to your email address. Please check your mailbox.

In the meanwhile, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Old 04-25-2017, 02:44 PM

I followed all the steps in this thread but like Annelisa I am still unable to make the tabs work properly on my store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:08 PM

I'm glad to let you know that now it is possible to add tabs into product or category description using simple shortcodes in the description editing area via Tabber application. You can also customize the color and add different icons for each tab to make it look the way you want.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:11 PM

I am aware of the tabber app but do not want to pay extra for this feature if I can do it myself.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerons Seafood View Post
I am aware of the tabber app but do not want to pay extra for this feature if I can do it myself.
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

As I see, your store is added to a website. Thus, you can add tabs to product descriptions using a Javascript. You can see detailed instructions on how to do it in our article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...iption#AddTabs

Another option is to use the app called 'Tabber'. You can also read more about it in the article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...tion#TabberApp

If you have any other questions, feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:37 PM

I have the same complaint. Tabs should be a free option not paid or something you have to add on. Many other platforms tabs are included in the most basic of plans. This is nickle and diming people. $3.00 a month for tabs.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
description, product, tabs, wix