The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:38 PM

Facebook store loading problems

I was under the impression that I could have this store set-up where it would load when someone clicked shop or shop now on my facebook page. If I go to my storefront link below it loads correctly. However, if I simply go to my page and then click shop now or store, it loads the old facebook store. How do I correct this?

Please provide the link to your storefront

http://facebook.com/ndflaxmill/app/251458316228/

I started with the facebook page. I still want to add the ECWID app to my Wix page. I am hoping I didn't do something wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia Halle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Alicia! Thanks for your message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Halle View Post
If I go to my storefront link below it loads correctly. However, if I simply go to my page and then click shop now or store, it loads the old facebook store.
I'm sorry you've faced this issue! I'll be happy to help.

If I get you right, some time ago you added a so-called shop section to your Facebook page and later you added your Ecwid store to the same page as well. When you add the section to the page, Facebook creates a tab named "Shop" where you can display your products. In turn, when your add Ecwid to the page, Ecwid creates another tab named "Store". In a result, you have two tabs: "Shop" and "Store" which lead to your Facebook shop section and Ecwid store correspondingly.

I've checked your Facebook page and as I can see, at the moment you have only the "Store" tab which connected with your Ecwid store. Also, there's no "Shop Now" call-to-action button and your page displays the "Send Message" button instead. Probably, when you had both buttons and wanted to open the Ecwid store, you hit the "Shop" button instead of the "Store" one and that's why you got the Facebook shop section instead of your Ecwid store.

Taking this into account, I'm pretty sure you already sorted everything out and got a setup you needed: the only store on your Facebook page which is the Ecwid store. In case the issue is still there, please, send me screenshots that the buttons you click and the page you get after that. A screencast would be even better. You can easily capture the screen and save a record to a GIF file using the following apps:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Halle View Post
I started with the facebook page. I still want to add the ECWID app to my Wix page. I am hoping I didn't do something wrong.
As you may know, you can add the same Ecwid to as many sites and Facebook pages as you want. So you can easily have the same on your Facebook and your Wix site. As a result, you customers will be able to purchase your goods from your site and Facebook page. We have detailed article on how to connect Ecwid with Wix and Facebook:
While you already have the store added to the Facebook page, I suggest that you set up the "Shop Now" call-to-action button. Having this button on the page will allow your Facebook customers to place an order from both, desktops and mobiles. We cover this topic in detail in our help center:

By the way, you can even track how many people have clicked your call-to-action button:

I hope this helps!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.