The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:45 AM

Remove prices for one category, all views

I have one category of products, for which I do not show prices, as each product in this category are 'price on application'.

I don't need the box of information on the right (the arrows, the skew, the favourites heart, price) at all. It can all go - but only for this one category. But I don't know how to do that so I'm addressing the buy button and the price.

I have been gone into every product in this category and made it 'out of stock'.
I have then removed 'display none' in the css to remove the 'out of stock' label.
But it still shows under the 'table' view. I don't actually need this 'table' view but I don't know how to remove it.

I cannot get rid of the price in all views.....with code for the entire category or by each product.

I have read various threads including:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12096
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=82594

I have tried javascript - on the wordpress page that holds the ecwid short code and also the footer.php.....but neither of that works either.

Please can you assist.
Thanks in advance
Old 08-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordable Flowers View Post
I have one category of products, for which I do not show prices, as each product in this category are 'price on application'.

I don't need the box of information on the right (the arrows, the skew, the favourites heart, price) at all. It can all go - but only for this one category. But I don't know how to do that so I'm addressing the buy button and the price.

I have been gone into every product in this category and made it 'out of stock'.
I have then removed 'display none' in the css to remove the 'out of stock' label.
But it still shows under the 'table' view. I don't actually need this 'table' view but I don't know how to remove it.

I cannot get rid of the price in all views.....with code for the entire category or by each product.

I have read various threads including:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12096
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=82594

I have tried javascript - on the wordpress page that holds the ecwid short code and also the footer.php.....but neither of that works either.

Please can you assist.
Thanks in advance
Hello Kate.

I see that you want to remove the product info panel on the right on product details page completely, correct? In this case let me explain how to do this:
Let's say you have a category with ID '12345' and you want to hide this panel on the right for all of its products. The products of this category have the following IDs: "123", "54321", "56789"

To remove this panel completely on product details pages of these three products you need to add this code in Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Design > Custom CSS Themes.
Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-123 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
    display:none;
}
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-54321 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-56789 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}
So basically you need to specify the products by their IDs manually in the code. You can find product ID in the address bar of your browser, when product detail page is open.
Code:
http://store4682002.ecwid.com/#!/~/product/category=10333382&id=36809892
The numbers after '&id=' is the id of the product.

To remove Table view option from displaying on your store, please add this code:
Code:
div.ecwid-results-topPanel-viewAsPanel div:nth-child(4) {
	display:none !important;
}
Also, I noticed the following code in your Custom CSS themes:
Code:
<div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?4682002" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=attachToCategories"); </script>
</div>

/*
	Please don't add any styles after that line.
	For responsive styles find the appropriate section starting with ".ecwid-lte-***px" or ".ecwid-responsive"
	For normal styles use section before responsive section start
*/

Ecwid.OnPageLoad.add(function(page) {
  if (page.type == "PRODUCT") { /* define that product detailed page is loaded */
    $(".ecwid").toggleClass("hide-price-n-button", (page.categoryId.toString() == "9573293")); /* add/remove class for container where price and button should be hidden */
  }          
})
This code is written in HTML and Javascript, so it will not be recognised by Ecwid in CSS themes. HTML, Javascript and CSS are basically three different things and you can't use Javascript and HTML in CSS styles. Please delete the codes above from your Ecwid Custom CSS themes. If you don't don't delete these codes, all the new styles that you add after those codes will not be 'read' by Ecwid and therefore will not apply.

For your information, if you want to change a style of a specific element, you don't need to copy all the default styles in your new Custom theme. You just need to add the CSS codes for the elements, that you want to change. You can read more on how to change Ecwid design here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...e-ecwid-design
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:31 AM

Thank you for this explanation - but this has only been successful for the first product listed. I have added the code to the CSS to hide the box on the right of the product page - for each product as advised.

There are 8 products for this category that do not require prices.

So I have got 8 lines of code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-36809992 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409332 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
* * display:none;

}
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409359 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409363 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409364 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409367 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409369 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409370 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

But.....the removal of the box on the right has only worked for the first product listed. On all other products, the box is still there.

Also I still need to remove the price on the catalogue product list page. Please advise what code to enter to remove that as well, as no prices are to be shown at all in this category - not the category list or the product page.

For each of the products in this category, I have marked them 'out of stock' and then hidden the 'out of stock' label, so the 'add to bag' button has gone.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordable Flowers View Post
Thank you for this explanation - but this has only been successful for the first product listed. I have added the code to the CSS to hide the box on the right of the product page - for each product as advised.

There are 8 products for this category that do not require prices.

So I have got 8 lines of code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-36809992 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409332 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {

}
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409359 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409363 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409364 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409367 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409369 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-39409370 .ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel {
}

But.....the removal of the box on the right has only worked for the first product listed. On all other products, the box is still there.

Also I still need to remove the price on the catalogue product list page. Please advise what code to enter to remove that as well, as no prices are to be shown at all in this category - not the category list or the product page.

For each of the products in this category, I have marked them 'out of stock' and then hidden the 'out of stock' label, so the 'add to bag' button has gone.

Thanks
Hello Kate.

I inspected the code that you inserted in your Custom CSS themes in Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Design and the one that you mentioned in your post. I found out, that for the first one of your products with ID 36809992 you used my spacing, that comes before 'display:none' part, however for all the other products you used some other spacing, which blocked the CSS rule from applying. Please delete the spacing before the 'display:none' part and the info panel on the right for the selected products will be removed. So a code to remove the right panel on the product details page for a single product should look like this:
Code:
}
Also, if you want to remove prices from displaying on a specific category page, which in your case is Weddings, please use this code:
Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-9573293 .ecwid-productBrowser-price-value {
}
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 AM

Brilliant. I did just copy and paste the code you had there, but somehow it has picked up that space and it wasn't visible to me as it was on the next line.
And I have now added that code for removing the category price....all fixed and done.
Thank you very much.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.