The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 AM

Question

Must a modified "Add to Bag" button be of the same size?

I'm having a heckuva time.

I've created a custom button to use as an add-to-bag button, but it's much smaller than the default button size. And it's giving me all kinds of issues.

I'll detail the issues if someone can confirm that replacement buttons must be the same size...

Other than that.... love Ecwid!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse Supply Co View Post
I'm having a heckuva time.

I've created a custom button to use as an add-to-bag button, but it's much smaller than the default button size. And it's giving me all kinds of issues.

I'll detail the issues if someone can confirm that replacement buttons must be the same size...

Other than that.... love Ecwid!
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Can you please, post here the link to your store where I can see this issue? I will check your storefront page and provide you with a solution.

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 PM

Thank you for the quick response!

Here is an image of what I want in a beautiful, perfect, butterfly-filled world...

The demo page is available here to illustrate what happens upon publish.

I'm simply trying to have an "Add to Cart" button next to a list of text-based items. But something in the code bullies all the other kids on the playground. I'm using the Embed Product code. If I also had the Minicart on the page, is there a better way to have an Add button with a simple line of code? Or perhaps put the javascript in the head or the end of the body, with just a div for the actual button? The existing code is causing all kinds of mayhem and mischief, not playing well with others at all. I've tried playing with css display, position, float, clear, align... wash, rinse, dry... nothing works. :-(
Old 04-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse Supply Co View Post
Thank you for the quick response!

Here is an image of what I want in a beautiful, perfect, butterfly-filled world...

The demo page is available here to illustrate what happens upon publish.

I'm simply trying to have an "Add to Cart" button next to a list of text-based items. But something in the code bullies all the other kids on the playground. I'm using the Embed Product code. If I also had the Minicart on the page, is there a better way to have an Add button with a simple line of code? Or perhaps put the javascript in the head or the end of the body, with just a div for the actual button? The existing code is causing all kinds of mayhem and mischief, not playing well with others at all. I've tried playing with css display, position, float, clear, align... wash, rinse, dry... nothing works. :-(

Hello,

As far as I can tell, your website is build with Adobe Muse - there are some corresponding pieces in the source code which gave me this idea. In this case we recommend using special Ecwid plugins for Muse which may be found here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...004-adobe-muse

In your particular case I would suggest using the second plugin mentioned in the article (J-26) since it has an “Add to cart” widget included. It’s an “Add to cart” button which may be linked to any product in your store and placed anywhere on the page when editing your website in Muse. It’s rather intuitive and does not require any coding.

The way you took to achieve your goal is also possible, but in this case you would have to drag-and-drop the HTML boxes somehow in a way to build the elements in the correct order.
I also see that you have added lots of CSS rules to your currently active design theme. It helps, no doubt, but the way with plugins would be much easier. You will simply need to drag the buttons around.

So, try the plugins and see if that works better for you. Hopefully, this solution is capable of relieving you from this buttonish headache.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to river For This Useful Post:
Muse Supply Co (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 04:05 PM

Hi Roman!

And thank you for your response also.

Okay, to come clean, I'm also a third-party developer for Muse widgets, and the scenario I've posted here is for an actual client of mine. I'm about to release an Ecwid widget suite for incorporating Ecwid into a Muse project, but this button is giving me fits.

I just need to know what is causing the div positioning to shift erratically...

UPDATE
Never mind!

I figured it out... ;-)

I was missing a closing </div>

Grr...

Last edited by Sergey; 04-29-2015 at 04:06 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add-to-bag, adobe muse, custom button