The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Tigress Yoga's Avatar
Tigress Yoga is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Where do I put the code in my wordpress site?


Hi Makfruit,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

I know very little about coding

Where do I put the code below? I understand I need to put it on the same page that has the ecwid shopping cart now.

Do I put in after that html in the page editor?

I'm using Wordpress

Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Hello,

In order to redirect your customers from the order confirmation page to a custom one, you should use a special JavaScript code which will use the Ecwid Javascript API for handling the Ecwid 'OnPageLoad' event. The code looks like this:
Code:
<script>
var confirmationPageURL = "http://google.com";

// Add handler for Ecwid's OnPageLoad event
if (
  typeof(Ecwid) == 'object'
  && typeof(Ecwid.OnPageLoad) == 'object'
) {
  Ecwid.OnPageLoad.add(function(page) {
    // Redirect user if needed
    if (
      typeof(page) == 'object'
      && 'ORDER_CONFIRMATION' == page.type
    ) {
      window.location = confirmationPageURL;
    }
  });
}
</script>
The line 'window.location = confirmationPageURL' will be executed (a visitor will be redirected) right after the confirmation page page is loaded. As you can see, a custom page URL is stored in the variable 'confirmationPageURL' (it is set as 'http://google.com' in the beginning of the code). Please put your 'thank you' page's address in there.

Please notice, that the code above should be inserted after the Ecwid integration code on the page where your store is installed.
  #32  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Living1 View Post
Hi Makfruit,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

I know very little about coding

Where do I put the code below? I understand I need to put it on the same page that has the ecwid shopping cart now.

Do I put in after that html in the page editor?

I'm using Wordpress

Thank you!
Hi,

The code of a JS modification like the one discussed here should be placed in the HTML code of Wordpress page where your Ecwid store is installed. If you embed Ecwid manually by copying and pasting the code from the Dashboard page of your control panel to your store page, then the JS code needs to be inserted likewise into the HTML source code of that same page (after the Ecwid integration code). On the other hand, if you use our ready Wordpress plugin, it creates a special page for the store. In your WP Admin → Pages it can be usually found as a page entitled 'Store'. You need to go editing the store page, switch your editor to HTML mode (a gray tab on the top right of editable area) and paste the code in there (again, after the Ecwid integration code). Then you need to apply the changes by pressing Update button on the right column.
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #33  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:44 PM
or or's Avatar
or or or or is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Default Redirect to a Thank you page after purchasing

Hello, I would like to redirect my clients to another page after they complete the purchase,
How can I do that?

Thanks for any help
  #34  
Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or or View Post
Hello, I would like to redirect my clients to another page after they complete the purchase,
How can I do that?

Thanks for any help
Hi,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...1783#post41783
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #35  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM
or or's Avatar
or or or or is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Thank you!
I would really appreciate if you could help me with not related question..

after I complete the purchase in the very last stage, a pop up window comes up and says "your order received..." is there any option to change the text there?
  #36  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Matt Ecwid's Avatar
Matt Ecwid Matt Ecwid is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or or View Post
Thank you!
I would really appreciate if you could help me with not related question..

after I complete the purchase in the very last stage, a pop up window comes up and says "your order received..." is there any option to change the text there?
Yes. Please refer to this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront
__________________
Matt K
Ecwid Team

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
  #37  
Old 11-16-2013, 07:46 AM
kenyattaslade's Avatar
kenyattaslade kenyattaslade is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

I followed all the steps in this thread and our redirect doesn't work. Not sure what I am missing. Here is our store page http://geteov.com/store/
  #38  
Old 11-16-2013, 08:32 AM
kenyattaslade's Avatar
kenyattaslade kenyattaslade is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Don't mind about my last post, I got it working. Thanks.
  #39  
Old 02-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Monakah WhiteWolf Reign's Avatar
Monakah WhiteWolf Reign Monakah WhiteWolf Reign is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Default

This is not working for me at all

Is this still accurate for today's versions? The code doesn't seem to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Hello,

In order to redirect your customers from the order confirmation page to a custom one, you should use a special JavaScript code which will use the Ecwid Javascript API for handling the Ecwid 'OnPageLoad' event. The code looks like this:
Code:
<script>
var confirmationPageURL = "http://google.com";

// Add handler for Ecwid's OnPageLoad event
if (
  typeof(Ecwid) == 'object'
  && typeof(Ecwid.OnPageLoad) == 'object'
) {
  Ecwid.OnPageLoad.add(function(page) {
    // Redirect user if needed
    if (
      typeof(page) == 'object'
      && 'ORDER_CONFIRMATION' == page.type
    ) {
      window.location = confirmationPageURL;
    }
  });
}
</script>
The line 'window.location = confirmationPageURL' will be executed (a visitor will be redirected) right after the confirmation page page is loaded. As you can see, a custom page URL is stored in the variable 'confirmationPageURL' (it is set as 'http://google.com' in the beginning of the code). Please put your 'thank you' page's address in there.

Please notice, that the code above should be inserted after the Ecwid integration code on the page where your store is installed.
Is the redirect confirmation page code the same for this new version? I went through an old thread and used the code posted there but it doesn't seem to be working. I need this set up urgently

I looked through the older threads and have tried the javascript code to redirect to a custom page after order completion/checkout. Unfortunately, it's not working. I wonder if it's because there have been new updates since then.

Can somebody help me? Please

Anyone?

Does this code still work for other people who have the most recent version of ecwid? I've looked everywhere and just can't figure this out. The redirect is essential to my business so I'm really at a loss now.

sigh... looks like I'll have to find a new shopping card app

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 02-17-2014 at 06:07 AM.
  #40  
Old 02-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Maya's Avatar
Maya Maya is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ecwid headquarter
Posts: 5,876
Default

Hello,

Sorry for delay with answer.

I have checked the script and it seems that everything is ok with it. Most probably, it has been placed incorrectly.

Could you send me the link to the page, where this script is installed? I will be glad to help you with investigation.

I look forward to your reply.
__________________
Maya N., Ecwid Team

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, paypal

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.