The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 PM

How can I duplicate the 36 selections I have for four different Options without having to type them in 36 times?

How can I duplicate the 36 selections I have for four different Options without having to type them in 36 times? I'm selling four packs of paint where the buyer can choose which four colors they'd like to try. Right now I'm having to type in the 36 colors each time for the drop down menu and it's taking forever, especially since I'd also like to offer it in other sizes such as 12 packs... Why can't I just duplicate my options? If it's possible, I don't understand how to do it.

I also can't figure out a way to keep inventory on these because Ecwid seems to see measure the entire "four pack" as a whole as but the buyer is choosing different colors each time. Somehow I need a way for Ecwid to keep track of each individual selection in order to have the right inventory. I need a way to track which colors I've sold out on so I don't end up with someone ordering colors I don't have in my stockroom.

Last edited by Shelly Andrade; 05-25-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Ecwid Team

Unfortunately, Ecwid doesn’t allow to clone product options from one product to another. If you consider that this functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...roduct-options and we will email you when it is released.

If you need to create a new product with the same set of options, you can simply clone the product already having those options and change the other fields like SKU, name et al accordingly.

In order to track inventory for each option separately, you should use product variations functionality, which allows to set quantity, image, sku, etc. for each variation of options.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
inventory control, options in drop down menu, selections