The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Change "Place Order" to "Confirm Order"

A few clients have got confused by a screen that comes up after they've gone through the Paypal checkout:
It's an ECWID screen and it says "Please review the information below [or above], then click "Place Order"
Some customers think it's an error and that if they click on "Place Order" they will be sent to Paypal again, and maybe even pay twice. One told me he'd given up on my shop because of it.
So I'd like to change "Place Order" to "Confirm Order".

I see on https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...o-change-your- the instructions to create a new button and I'm happy to do that. Though I wonder: could you provide a png file with blank button images, i.e. with the swanky background colour but without the "Place Order" text? I use Photoshop and it would be a lot easier to put in my own text that way.
My main question is: Is there a way to also change the text "Please review the information below [or above], then click "Place Order"
Note that my store is on a Wordpress.org website.
Thanks

http://www.evamusby.co.uk/order
Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Musby View Post
A few clients have got confused by a screen that comes up after they've gone through the Paypal checkout:
It's an ECWID screen and it says "Please review the information below [or above], then click "Place Order"
Some customers think it's an error and that if they click on "Place Order" they will be sent to Paypal again, and maybe even pay twice. One told me he'd given up on my shop because of it.
So I'd like to change "Place Order" to "Confirm Order".

I see on https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...o-change-your- the instructions to create a new button and I'm happy to do that. Though I wonder: could you provide a png file with blank button images, i.e. with the swanky background colour but without the "Place Order" text? I use Photoshop and it would be a lot easier to put in my own text that way.
My main question is: Is there a way to also change the text "Please review the information below [or above], then click "Place Order"
Note that my store is on a Wordpress.org website.
Thanks

http://www.evamusby.co.uk/order
Hi Eva,

Thank you for your question.

I've checked your store and see that you use Ecwid plugin for Wordpress.
This plugin has an experimental feature — Chameleon skin that helps your store to automatically adapt the colors of your website.

When the Chameleon skin is enabled (as it is for your store), the standard image buttons are replaced with the CSS buttons.
Thus, you don't need to edit the image to change the wording of the "Place Order" button.
You can do it with the help of this CSS rule:

Code:
html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .ecwid-Checkout-placeOrderButton::after {
  content: "Confirm Order" !important;
}
In order to apply this rule, please go to Ecwid Control Panel, then navigate to Settings > Design > CSS Themes.

Paste the above-mentioned code to the end of your current custom CSS theme and save the changes.

As for changing the wording of the note "Please review the information...", you can do it with the help of custom translation script that helps to replace standard text with custom ones.

I've inspected your website and see that you have this script there already.

Here it is:
Code:
<script>// <![CDATA[
ecwidMessages = {"RelatedProducts.title":"Parents also bought"}
// ]]&gt;</script>
In order to change the wording of above-mentioned text, you should add one more line to this script. So the final code will look like this
Code:
<script>// <![CDATA[
ecwidMessages = {"RelatedProducts.title":"Parents also bought",
"PlaceOrder.review":"Please review the information above, then click \"Confirm Order\"",
"PlaceOrder.review_below":"Please review the information below, then click \"Confirm Order\""
}
// ]]&gt;</script>
You can always find the line of code to change any text in your store with the help of Ecwid Translate tool.

I hope that it helps. Please try it out and let me know if any further assistance is needed.
I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2015, 03:23 PM

Thanks so much Arthur. It's so helpful to find a detailed reply like yours, given that I am not very clever with this script stuff.

It's working great and I'm delighted.
Changing the text on the button was indeed a piece of cake.
To change the text on the form, it can get tricky with the Wordpress editor changing things, so in case anyone is looking this up, the code that worked for me (as long as I put this in the "Text" tab and don't go to the "Visual" tab) is:
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {"RelatedProducts.title":"Parents also bought","PlaceOrder.review":"Please review the information above, then click \"Confirm Order\"",
"PlaceOrder.review_below":"Please review the information below, then click \"Confirm Order\"","CheckoutView.review":"Confirm order",
"CheckoutView.review_externalForm":"Confirm order"
}
</script>
The Following User Says Thank You to Eva Musby For This Useful Post:
Arthur Belostotsky (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Musby View Post
Thanks so much Arthur. It's so helpful to find a detailed reply like yours, given that I am not very clever with this script stuff.

It's working great and I'm delighted.
Changing the text on the button was indeed a piece of cake.
To change the text on the form, it can get tricky with the Wordpress editor changing things, so in case anyone is looking this up, the code that worked for me (as long as I put this in the "Text" tab and don't go to the "Visual" tab) is:
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {"RelatedProducts.title":"Parents also bought","PlaceOrder.review":"Please review the information above, then click \"Confirm Order\"",
"PlaceOrder.review_below":"Please review the information below, then click \"Confirm Order\"","CheckoutView.review":"Confirm order",
"CheckoutView.review_externalForm":"Confirm order"
}
</script>
Hi Eva,

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing the resulting code here!
I am happy to hear that the provided solution worked for you.

If you have anymore questions — just let me know.

Thanks.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
place order