The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:48 AM

Can't see all of my product options in client orders.

Hi...i have products that have man options to choose from...example-one promotion carries 6 items with each item have size, color, and style options. all of that is set up in ecwid but when an order is placed i can only see choices for the first two items. there seems to be a character limit in the order description. how do you fix this?

thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Dzion View Post
Hi...i have products that have man options to choose from...example-one promotion carries 6 items with each item have size, color, and style options. all of that is set up in ecwid but when an order is placed i can only see choices for the first two items. there seems to be a character limit in the order description. how do you fix this?

thanks!
Hello,

There is no character limit on order description, actually. I have checked the list of unfinished orders in your store and found out that all product options are stored properly there.

Could you, please, send me number of order, where some product options is missed? I look forward to your reply.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Divine Dzion (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM

The list of orders in the Ecwid control panel > Sales indeed displays a limited information by default. If there are more items than the space permits, you will see a little arrow at the bottom of the row. To see the full order details, click the number of the order in the left column.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Divine Dzion (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 10:39 PM

one of the problems is the order didn't show up in the ecwid control panel. it was placed Jul 15, 2013 15:17:01 PDT but nothing shows in the list. we only got notification from paypal.

so far i've had 3 orders that went through paypal but nothing is in the ecwid databse....i recently added and updated items but the paypal set up is the same as when the previous orders (before july 14th) were documented in ecwid. any suggestions? thanks!

Last edited by Lana; 07-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Dzion View Post
one of the problems is the order didn't show up in the ecwid control panel. it was placed Jul 15, 2013 15:17:01 PDT but nothing shows in the list. we only got notification from paypal.

so far i've had 3 orders that went through paypal but nothing is in the ecwid databse....i recently added and updated items but the paypal set up is the same as when the previous orders (before july 14th) were documented in ecwid. any suggestions? thanks!
Hi,

I've looked through your orders history. The latest orders are recorded as unfinished, and you can see them in your Ecwid control panel, Sales -> Unfinished Sales. Did you get PayPal notifications for these very orders (#134, 135, 136)?
There could be several reasons why orders are not recorded under Sales page in your Ecwid control panel. Please, check this article for advice on how to handle it:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/...showinginEcwid

I presume the problem is caused by disabled Instant Order Notifications (IPN) in your PayPal account. Here's a text from the article about PayPal Standard setup:

Code:
PayPal backend
Proceed to "My account → Profile → My selling tools 
Find "Instant Payment Notifications" in the settings link and click "Update". Click "Choose IPN Settings" button and select "Receive IPN messages (Enabled)" option. Use following URL in "Notification URL" field: http://app.ecwid.com/paypalstandard/STOREID where STOREID is your actual Store ID. For example: http://app.ecwid.com/paypalstandard/1003. Save changes.
<...>

The main thing is to enable IPN (Instant Order Notifications) setting. IPN is a message transmitted from PayPal to Ecwid via a special secure channel and indicating the status of the payment. So this setting will ensure that your Ecwid store will be notified about whether the customer did complete the payment or the transaction has been failed. Upon receiving such a notification, Ecwid is able to update the order status accordingly. Thus having IPN properly setup in your PayPal account is crucial for the automatic accepting of orders in Ecwid.

All your orders are either Queued or unfininished. If you check a Queued order at Sales page ->"See details", you will see a warning under 'Additional information':
This order is in the "Queued" status, because the payment notification has not been received yet.
This also indicates that IPN is not enabled.

Please, make sure to enable IPN as instructed in the above article. After that the further orders should arrive Accepted automatically.

Next, what you can do with the current orders:

1. Queued orders: try the steps from the article I gave you in the beginning:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/...showinginEcwid
These are directions how to resend the PayPal confirmations.
If it doesn't work, you can change the status for the orders to Accepted (provided that they're all paid in PayPal). You can update status for many orders at once: select necessary orders and use "Mass update" option under the orders table.

2. Unfinished orders. If the variant with resending confirmations from p#1 doesn't work, you should look through these orders, determine which ones are paid, and process them: click "Place this order" button, it will move the order into 'Sales' page in status Queued that you can switch to Accepted.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanna For This Useful Post:
Divine Dzion (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 PM

thanks...that helps!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.