The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Default flexible width site

I'm curious to know if there has been any discussion about how a designer might implement an ecwid store in an html5 flexible-width site. I.e. a store that could be equally presentable on a large desktop monitor as on a phone. Can an ecwid implementation be likewise flexible or is the best option for phone sized screens to kick the browser to the plain-text version Ecwid makes for each shop? But how then does a designer work with the fact that he's trying to avoid having that m.shop.com ...

As far as I can imagine it (and I've only just started to think about the idea and am only just coming to grips with html5) ecwid doesn't yet play nice in such a scenario.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 AM

It is possible with some considerations.

The media-queries in CSS allow adjusting the design of the site according to the screen width.

However there are some things that cannot be resolved by means of CSS and thus require thorough setup of the store itself, and these settings are global for the store regardless of device the store is viewed on. In general, you should avoid everything that makes the store page wider - you should use vertical categories menu instead of the horizontal one, you should either have really little products in a row (2, for example) in the grid view or disable grid view for the store at all, etc. In other words, there are things besides CSS that need to be observed.

If you need any assistance with the CSS changes, please contact our colleagues from Qualiteam: sales@ qtmsoft.com. Their design team will be glad to help you this part of the task.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Adam Desrosiers (03-20-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.