The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 PM

Remarketing & PayFlow Questions

I guess we just don't understand what this payflow is all about, it's asking us for our current payment processor? We have a paypal account but we've never had a payment processor. I thought we all voted on PayPal Payments Pro where you don't have to leave site to make payment for our customers. I guess we are just confused on why we need to create an additional paypal account since we already pay for paypal payments pro.

Also, with the remarketing addition, good job, but why can't we add custom variation scripts to individual product pages? Perhaps we only want to display remarketing ads to users who viewed a specific category of our website, or perhaps we only want to display ads to users who viewed product A / B but did not view product c.

More clarification would be great.

Thanks and good job guys we love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I'm sure we'll find more stuff to bitch about soon enough haha!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 PM

This is Derek / Ray by the way... just an FYI incase you guys were wondering
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Quote:
I guess we just don't understand what this payflow is all about, it's asking us for our current payment processor? We have a paypal account but we've never had a payment processor. I thought we all voted on PayPal Payments Pro where you don't have to leave site to make payment for our customers. I guess we are just confused on why we need to create an additional paypal account since we already pay for paypal payments pro.
PayPal Payflow is a "true" payment gateway that links your website to your merchant account (a type of bank account that allows businesses to accept payments by payment and get payments directly to your bank) and payment processor (a company that handles credit card transactions for a merchant acquiring bank). More informaiton: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/p...ayment-gateway

If you don't have a merchant account, you can use PayPal Payments Advanced:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/p...ments-advanced This payment method enables online stores to collect payments directly via credit card without leaving site as well. From an integration standpoint, PayPal Payments Advanced is identical to the PayPal Payflow gateway (so you can use it with our Payflow integration), with the following exceptions:
- PayPal Payments Advanced includes a merchant account from PayPal.
- PayPal Express Checkout and Bill Me Later payment methods cannot be disabled on the hosted checkout template for a PayPal Payments Advanced user.

So, to sum up: if you don't want to create a merchant account, go with PayPal Advanced to accept credit cards without leaving a website.

Quote:
Also, with the remarketing addition, good job, but why can't we add custom variation scripts to individual product pages? Perhaps we only want to display remarketing ads to users who viewed a specific category of our website, or perhaps we only want to display ads to users who viewed product A / B but did not view product c.
I think it is already possible using our integration. All visited products and categories are logged by Google Analytics. So it is possible to create a custom segment based by visited or non-visited pages.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Eugene,

Just an FYI.

I just got off the phone with PayPal and they just upgraded their system not too long ago and if you've been using them for 3-4 years like we have and you signed up with paypal payments pro, you have a legacy account. So in order to use PayFlow you need to delete your current account and create a new one, because they cannot integrate / migrate a legacy account to a new account on their new system. So this is becoming a really big pain in our arse, because we will now have two logins for legacy sales data and new data.

Once we get PayFlow we're going to start our affiliate / referral program and also reactivate our remarketing campaigns. I'll come back in a few months to show data!

Last edited by Derek Bess; 11-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I just got off the phone with PayPal and they just upgraded their system not too long ago and if you've been using them for 3-4 years like we have and you signed up with paypal payments pro, you have a legacy account. So in order to use PayFlow you need to delete your current account and create a new one, because they cannot integrate / migrate a legacy account to a new account on their new system. So this is becoming a really big pain in our arse, because we will now have two logins for legacy sales data and new data.
Thank you for sharing your experience! We didn't know that old accounts cannot be migrated - it looks like their new system totally differs from the old one. Well, I hope it means a lot of new features and better tools for all users of PayPal.

Quote:
Once we get PayFlow we're going to start our affiliate / referral program and also reactivate our remarketing campaigns. I'll come back in a few months to show data!
Great, it will be very interesting to see how it will affect the sales and conversion rates.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.