The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:04 AM

how to hide the tax before customer selects their location

how do I hide the "estimated shipping" & "estimated tax" in the shopping bag. I know it changes once the buyer enters their address but to see it as a default from our location seems to confuse things.

thx,
Debbie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 6.51.47 PM.png
Views:	163
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	3397  
Old 03-14-2016, 09:02 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Armstrong View Post
how do I hide the "estimated shipping" & "estimated tax" in the shopping bag. I know it changes once the buyer enters their address but to see it as a default from our location seems to confuse things.

thx,
Debbie
Hello Debbie,

Thank you for your message!

The thing is that Ecwid shows an estimated shipping rate and tax at the cart page according to a customer’s current location. When they open your store, their location is automatically detected by their IP address (we use MaxMind's GeoIP solution for this purpose). As a result, your customers see the order total at the cart page already, before the proceeding to checkout pages. For example, here is what your customer from New York will see:

You can surely hide this section with help of CSS. You should add the below code in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design > CSS Themes > your active theme (direct link):

Code:
td div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-shippingLabel, 
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-taxLabel {
	display: none !important;
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-shippingAmount, 
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-taxAmount {
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-estimationNote {
}

div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-asterisk {
}

button.ecwid-btn.ecwid-btn--secondary.ecwid-btn--changeAddress {
}
NOTE:
This adjustment will hide those panels, at the same time the approximate shipping cost will continue to be calculated and appended to the order’s subtotal. If you remove a non-zero shipping cost, the order’s subtotal and total won’t be equal. This might mislead the customers and prevent them from proceeding to checkout. So, we do not recommend hiding “Estimated shipping” costs.

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Feel free to get in touch with us again, in case further support is needed.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:29 PM

thanks, I wasn't aware that the customer would see this information from their location automatically. I agree, it shouldn't be hidden but thank you for the fix.

Debbie
Old 03-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Armstrong View Post
thanks, I wasn't aware that the customer would see this information from their location automatically. I agree, it shouldn't be hidden but thank you for the fix.

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

I am very happy my reply was helpful. Please let us know if any more questions arise, we are always glad to answer them.

Thank you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, estimated shipping, estimated tax, shopping bag