The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:28 AM

Disable All Selling Functions

Hi, I love the functionality of ecwid, but I am wanting to present a catalog of products on my websites store so I don't want anyone to be able to purchase right now. Is it possible to remove all aspects of selling, 'add to basket', 'checkout' etc. My products are one off items so I will only be selling in my shop.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots of Loveliness View Post
Hi, I love the functionality of ecwid, but I am wanting to present a catalog of products on my websites store so I don't want anyone to be able to purchase right now. Is it possible to remove all aspects of selling, 'add to basket', 'checkout' etc. My products are one off items so I will only be selling in my shop.

Thanks
Hello!
Thank you for reaching out!

Yes, it is possible to turn your Ecwid store into a product catalog. Please, follow the instructions below:

1) Disable all payment methods and shipping methods in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings and save the changes.

2) Hide the "Add to Bag" button and the "Qty" field with the help of CSS. Go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design and click on the "New CSS theme" button. This will create your custom CSS theme. Add the following CSS code to it, activate the theme and save the changes.
Code:
/*Removes QTY panel and the "Add to Bag" button*/
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel,
.ecwid-btn--addToBag {
display: none !important;
}
3) Remove the "Sign In" link (you can find the instructions in this article: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...ign-in%22-link)

4) Make sure you don't have Ecwid Minicart Widget installed. If you do, you need to remove it.

After you apply all the changes, your store will function as a product catalog - the customers will be able to browse the products, see the prices and all available options, but it won't be possible to purchase anything.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us for help.

Best wishes,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:48 PM

That's great, It has disabled all selling ability!!

Thank You!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots of Loveliness View Post
That's great, It has disabled all selling ability!!

Thank You!
Hello,
Thank you for the positive feedback!

We are always glad to help if you have any more questions.

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 AM

Default Disabled - Now need to enable it back

HI, ive disbled the cart by adding the code you've provided, but i need to enable it back now, is there a way to do the same ?
Old 07-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhitej View Post
HI, ive disbled the cart by adding the code you've provided, but i need to enable it back now, is there a way to do the same ?
Hello!

Sorry for keeping you waiting for a reply so long.

I checked your CSS theme in your Ecwid control panel>Settings>Design and as I see you added the following code to hide "Add to bag" buttons and QTY panel:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel,
.ecwid-btn--addToBag {
display: none !important;
}
If you want to enable the buttons and QTY panel, you just need to find this code in your CSS theme and remove it, please see the screenshot:

Don't forget to save the changes.

Hope this helps. If any questions appear, please, feel free to ask. We are very glad to help you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, disable addmore button, disable checkout