The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:52 AM

Some needed changes in the design

Hi Guys,

I have gone through the helpful forum out here. And even though I don't know CSS, its been simple enough to get my page like I want it!

Just have few more questions to be ready completely with the site:

1. Is there any way I can have a scrolling image on my product page i.e. multiple images scrolling right to left (using the pictures in the "detailed images" section)

2. On the checkout page, if we "Sorry, we do not ship to this location", can we add a link to our contact page asking them to contact us for a special delivery?

3. How can I change the small buttons, in the same way I could change the design of thee add to bag and checkout big buttons.
Some examples are "add more" "go to checkout" "clear bag" "continue shopping" "choose my address" "change" "ok" "cancel" "apply location" (Sorry. I just listed out all the buttons I could find)

4. Also how do I ensure each image in the shop is of the same size? I can do this offline also in PS, but would need what is the maximum image size I could use.

Thanks for all the help in advance. Really looking forward to go live within the next 20 odd days.

Cheers,
Jaosh
Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello Jaosh,

Thanks for your message! I'll answer your questions one at a time.

1. If you want to add alternative viewer for product images, you should use a custom script or some 3rd-party solution like Magic Zoom. Magic zoom doesn't have the exact functionality that you want, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

2. The easiest way to put your own info to this section is alternate the default "Sorry, we do not ship to this location" message using so-called custom translations code. Basically, you should add a special code to a page where your Ecwid store is installed, which will change the default message message text to a text you want. In your case, the code will look like:

Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"ShippingOptions.location":"To get shipping rates for your location, please contact us using the \"Contact Us\" button in the main menu."
}
</script>
The custom translations code doesn't allow using links, unfortunately, but you can put there any text you want and provide customers with detailed instructions. More info on custom translations can be found in our article.

3. Those small buttons are just simple HTML-elements, so you can change them with CSS as you did with some of other elements. Here's the code that you can alter in order to get the look you want:

Code:
/* Ecwid buttons */
button.gwt-Button, #wrapper button.gwt-Button {
    background: transparent url(icons/back_normal.gif) repeat-x;
    border: solid 1px #d3d4d6;
    outline: none;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    text-decoration: none;
    cursor: pointer;
    color: #1e7ec8;
    -moz-border-radius: 2px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 2px;
    height: 24px;
    font: normal 12px arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;
    white-space: nowrap;
    padding: 0 5px;
}
button.gwt-Button:active, #wrapper button.gwt-Button:active {
    background: transparent url(icons/back_on.gif) repeat-x;
    border: solid 1px #a0a4aa;
    font: normal 12px arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;
    color: #ffffff;
    outline: none;
More info on changing buttons with CSS can be found in our article.

4. At the moment, the main product image can be up to 1000x1000 pixels.

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Jaosh Sethna1 (08-05-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 11:07 AM

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for the help mate.

1. Don't think MagicZoom would work for the requirement I have. But thanks. Is there an alternative way to add a script or something?

2. My ECWID shop is integrated / hosted on Squarespace platform, since I have my own site there. Do you mean I'd need to add scripts on the Squarespace platform? Would these scripts affect the performance of the page in any manner??

3. Will work on the buttons. Thanks!

4. Thanks for the info about the image size.

Cheers,
Jaosh
Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaosh Sethna1 View Post
1. Don't think MagicZoom would work for the requirement I have. But thanks. Is there an alternative way to add a script or something?

2. My ECWID shop is integrated / hosted on Squarespace platform, since I have my own site there. Do you mean I'd need to add scripts on the Squarespace platform? Would these scripts affect the performance of the page in any manner??
Hi Jaosh,

I've somehow missed your answer, sorry about that.

I was searching for a similar gallery script, and, unfortunately, I couldn't find a ready solution. So, you may consider hiring a programmer for creating such a script.

As for custom translations code, please do not worry. This code is a lightweight one and won't affect your site's performance at all.

Please note that since you added your Ecwid store to a Squarespace site, you should add all custom codes to the same HTML-embed block which contains your Ecwid integration code.

Hope this helps.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Jaosh Sethna1 (08-05-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
button, checkout, css, design