The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:36 PM

Destination zone taxes

I set up destination zones for Florida because there are several different sales tax rates. Each zone has a list of zip codes that share the same tax rate.
After setting up the zones, I went to the taxes tab and entered the zones with the applicable tax rate for that particular zone. I then tried to run a test check out.
The calculated tax was zero for each of the custom zones I created. However, if I set up a zone for the whole state at 7%, the check out calculated the tax properly.
Why isn't the custom destination zones' tax being calculated at checkout?

http://www.wgssigns.com/shop
Old 09-22-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefined15595 View Post
I set up destination zones for Florida because there are several different sales tax rates. Each zone has a list of zip codes that share the same tax rate.
After setting up the zones, I went to the taxes tab and entered the zones with the applicable tax rate for that particular zone. I then tried to run a test check out.
The calculated tax was zero for each of the custom zones I created. However, if I set up a zone for the whole state at 7%, the check out calculated the tax properly.
Why isn't the custom destination zones' tax being calculated at checkout?

http://www.wgssigns.com/shop
Hi William,

Thank you for your question.

I've checked your destination zones and tax settings and found that you have the "United States" zone, which has the United States country specified. This zone includes the Florida state as well.

At the same time you have the tax that is linked to this zone and its rate is set as zero.
That's why you receive this rate while testing.

In order to avoid this issue, please perform the following steps:
1. Go to Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Zones > United States
2. Remove the country from the lest on the left
3. Click "Add region" button and choose "United States" from the list on the right.
4. Remove Florida state from this list and save the changes.

As the result, your United States zone will include all states except Florida and you'll get correct rates.

Please refer to this article to learn more on how to set up destination zones: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...tination-zones

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, destination zones, taxes, zones