The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM

Can't drag to bag from individual product page

I'm new to Ecwid and so far it seems to be working well. I have noticed however that I cannot drag and drop to the shopping bag from individual product pages. The drag and drop feature works fine from the category level (multiple products showing) but not on the product level.

TIA.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Swain View Post
I'm new to Ecwid and so far it seems to be working well. I have noticed however that I cannot drag and drop to the shopping bag from individual product pages. The drag and drop feature works fine from the category level (multiple products showing) but not on the product level.

TIA.
This is the default behavior of Ecwid. Products can be drag-n-dropped from the products list in Grid and List views only, because there is no "Add to Bag" button or link there (i.e. no other way to add products to cart but drag-n-drop). But on the product details page drag-n-drop does not work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
swimrr (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 PM

Thank-you for letting me know. I wonder if this might be confusing for customers and maybe it would be good to not show the drag and drop option on those pages. Just a thought. All in all, I'm very happy with Ecwid so far.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimrr View Post
Thank-you for letting me know. I wonder if this might be confusing for customers and maybe it would be good to not show the drag and drop option on those pages. Just a thought. All in all, I'm very happy with Ecwid so far.
Maybe it makes sense to remove the "Drag & Drop Products to Me" label from your mini bag completely, since the text about drag'n'drop is anyway displayed in the products list in Grid and List views when you hover a product. If you would like to do that, please add the following CSS rule to Ecwid control panel -> System Settings -> Design -> CSS Themes:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart span.ecwid-minicart-label-text {
display:none;
}
and click "Save (Ctrl+S)".

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
drag and drop, shopping bag