The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agh View Post
I have paypal flow (pro) and I can not make a transaction. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I made sure that all of my info is correct and I keep getting the same error message. What am I doing wrong? This is becoming extremely frustrating. Someone please help!!!!!!

Does my payment action have anything to do with the problem I am having?
Hi,

What error message did you get? Can you provide a screenshot?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 AM

Default user error message

Internal error. Please contact the website administrator. User authentication failed

This is what I get when I try to go through the final step of payment.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agh View Post
Internal error. Please contact the website administrator. User authentication failed

This is what I get when I try to go through the final step of payment.
Thank you.

The moment you're submitting a payment, your Ecwid store 'communicates' with PayPal verifying to which PayPal account the transaction is to go (by the credentials entered in Ecwid control panel System Settings -> Payment -> 'Account details' for PayPal). If your configuration in Ecwid has wrong credentials or a wrong PayPal account is used, the verification will fail and the transaction will be rejected with 'User authentication failed' error. It's PayPal who replies with that error, not Ecwid.

The following could cause the issue:
1) You didn't activated your PayPal account on PayPal side and use Live mode on Ecwid side, which results in submitting live transactions to a test account
2) You tick the 'Test' mode in PayPal settings in your Ecwid control panel while using live PayPal account, so that Ecwid sends test transactions to the live PayPal servers
3) You made a mistake in one of the fields entered in PayPal settings in your Ecwid control panel.

If you're sure that neither of the above is the reason, please contact PayPal support and ask them if there are any issues with your account. Probably it needs an activation.

You may also find these threads useful:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17212
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15976

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 07-24-2013, 02:57 PM

The issue was resolved when I called paypal. I suppose I didn't thoroughly comb through as I thought I did. Thank you for all of your help and your prompt responses to my problem. Your service has been wonderful so far.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:27 PM

I suppose I should probably tell what the solution to my problem was so just in case someone has the same issue they can resolve without the headache that I had. Your user name must be the same as your merchantID or it you will get a User Authentication fail. So make sure if you are using payflow that those two match.

Okay, thanks everyone take care. Happy and successful running your businesses

Last edited by Agh; 07-24-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelled a word wrong
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agh For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (07-25-2013), Maya (07-25-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 12:23 AM

Default Paypal login issues

I've enabled paypal on my site but when I go to test the checkout function I'm unable to log into my paypal account. I get to the paypal login screen but the login won't work with my user name and password. I went directly to paypal.com to make sure I knew my password and logged right in. I have a friend try their login on my site and wouldn't work, but did on paypal.com.

Any idea why it's not working??
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan OConnor View Post
I've enabled paypal on my site but when I go to test the checkout function I'm unable to log into my paypal account. I get to the paypal login screen but the login won't work with my user name and password. I went directly to paypal.com to make sure I knew my password and logged right in. I have a friend try their login on my site and wouldn't work, but did on paypal.com.

Any idea why it's not working??
Hi,

My understanding, the login fails on PayPal site when you're submitting email and password of your PayPal profile, screenshot - https://monosnap.com/image/jVqFwW4Rq...xb4OjRohjt.png Right?
This form is governed by PayPal, so when you're trying to access a profile it's PayPal that processes the submitted credentials.
I've just checked your Ecwid store, went to checkout and then to PayPal. I was able to type in my PayPal details and logged in.

The problem could be that your PayPal profile isn't active or has some limitations hence can't be used for purchases. In this case, you can sign in at paypal.com OK, but PayPal may not allow the login on payment pages. Are you getting any errors when you're trying to login? Can you send me a screenshot?
Anyhow I'd recommend you to contact PayPal support and ask them why your email and password aren't accepted on the payment page.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 10-01-2013, 03:51 AM

Hi Lana,
Thanks for the response. No that wasn't the screen i was talking about, I was talking about this login page: http://www.hirollerrecovery.com/our-...!/~/checkoutPD

I think I mistakely thought this page was for your paypal login, but it's actually a login for customers to sign up on my site and create an account to see their order status, correct??

I would like to remove this page and just have customers directed to paypals site to complete the order. Can I do that?

I think if I was confused, a lot of my customers will be too. And they (like me) probably would prefer not to create an account on a site just to purchase the product. They don't want me to have their contact info (and I can't blame them). So, can I change settings so there is no login to my Ecwid cart necessary...sending them directly to paypal??

Thanks for you help!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan OConnor View Post
Hi Lana,
Thanks for the response. No that wasn't the screen i was talking about, I was talking about this login page: http://www.hirollerrecovery.com/our-...!/~/checkoutPD

I think I mistakely thought this page was for your paypal login, but it's actually a login for customers to sign up on my site and create an account to see their order status, correct??

I would like to remove this page and just have customers directed to paypals site to complete the order. Can I do that?

I think if I was confused, a lot of my customers will be too. And they (like me) probably would prefer not to create an account on a site just to purchase the product. They don't want me to have their contact info (and I can't blame them). So, can I change settings so there is no login to my Ecwid cart necessary...sending them directly to paypal??

Thanks for you help!
Hi,

Thank you for clarifying. This login form is indeed to sign in/up in your Ecwid store. As you see it is optional, meaning customers don't have to register or login in order to place orders. You can hide this "Create password (optional)" block at all, please refer to this article for instructions:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853285/...20In%22%20link

Please, mind, your customers still have to submit their contact details: shipping/billing address at least, since you need to know where to ship your items. Furthermore, they will leave the contact information and address on PayPal side - this information is required by any payment systems for proper and secure payment processing.
I noticed you didn't setup shipping yet. Are you going to charge your customers for shipping? If so, please, consider setting up necessary shipping rates in your Ecwid control panel, System Settings> Shipping. Details on the setup: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/Shipping
Should you need any help, please feel free to contact us.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Lana, can you tell me why this would be popping up?
i just placed an order myself and it went through, but still gives the error.
(ive had 3 orders the past week that have 'failed', so figure something is not right.)
thoughts?
thx! - Ryan

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
authentication, failed, user