Old 10-23-2016, 09:18 PM

Two stores, one retail and one wholesale.

I have a wordpress site and I have a store set up with retail prices. I'd like to set up the same exact store but with wholesale prices that can only be viewed by my wholesale clients. Any advice?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
My name is Anna, Ecwid Customer Care team, thank you for the message.

As far as I understand, you would like to create a special store page for your wholesale customers where they can see the products with special prices.

It is possible to set this in Ecwid with the help of the Customer Groups feature: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/...Customer-Groups . For example, you can create a "Wholesale" customer group in your store and add all your wholesale customers there.
As you do that, you will be able to:

- use your existing product catalog and give the customers that belong to "Wholesale" customer group a discount at checkout (instructions: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/...roups#discounts)

- create a special category of products with wholesale prices and then hide the category (with the help of a CSS code) from the customers that do not belong to the "Wholesale" customer group. In other words, only the members of the special customer group will be able to see the wholesale category and purchase the products from it.
Please, refer to this article for the instructions on how to apply CSS codes to certain customer groups only: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/...-#“belongs”

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us for help.

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:12 AM

I want to do the same thing, but I do not want to do this by "discount", I want to do this by wholesale price per item. For example, I sell soap at $6.00 retail per bar. My wholesale price to certain customers is $3.50 per bar. This is not a percentage and I don't want to go the percentage route. Is it possible to do this, and if so, how?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello Ann!
Anna here, Ecwid team.

I understand your request. If you'd like to sell your items to the wholesale customers at a fixed discounted price, then the second workflow I described in my post above may be a good solution.

You can create a special category for the wholesalers and add the items with special prices there. Then you will be able to hide this category from your store, so it is only available for the customers that have a direct link to this category. Please, refer to this article for the details and instructions: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/...-and-categories

I hope this info helps.
Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:56 PM

I will give that a try.

However, it seems quite a process/workaround. Perhaps it's time Ecwid found a way to enable a "wholesale" or "special products" substore. From the comments I've read, it seems there are a lot of us who would be ecstatic if this were provided to us. Remember, we chose Ecwid for the ease of use it provides to us non-techie people.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann McGee View Post
I will give that a try.

However, it seems quite a process/workaround. Perhaps it's time Ecwid found a way to enable a "wholesale" or "special products" substore. From the comments I've read, it seems there are a lot of us who would be ecstatic if this were provided to us. Remember, we chose Ecwid for the ease of use it provides to us non-techie people.
Hi Ann,

thanks a lot for your feedback, we'll forward it to our Product management team. We are constantly improving Ecwid and we always take customers’ opinion into account, it helps us to deliver a better product.

I checked your account and as I see you added Ecwid store to Wix website. In this case I suggest considering the following workaround:

First of all, you should create a hidden category for your wholesale customers as described in the previous post, which will include special prices for them. Please, see how to create hidden categories in this article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/...-and-categories After that you need to place that category on a separate page.

Our official application for Wix allows installing only one store on a website. Here is how you can display store categories (wholesale and other customers) on separate pages and make the wholesale category password protected:

- Create a new password protected page. See instructions in Wix Help Center here https://support.wix.com/en/article/...a-specific-page

- On this page create a button and link it to your wholesale category. Here you should put a direct link to your category.

So, it will work in your store the following way: customers go to that page and they have to enter the password. After they enter the password, they can click the button and see the store.You should create a button within a page because you cannot use the application to add a store category to a separate page.

I hope this will help. Please, let me know should any further questions arise.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 05-19-2017, 08:45 PM

I hope to see a sub store option soon. For now we are taking our wholesale orders via email after they look at our online store to see the items we offer. However we dont want to offer all of our retail priced items as wholesale and we want to have wholesale exclusive items. A sub store would work very well.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:57 PM

I finally did this but here is the problem.

I copied products from my current "retail" store into the hidden "wholesale" store. It is now showing that product assigned to two categories. If I change the price, it affects both the retail and wholesale categories. This does not help.

I want to offer the same product to two different customers at two different prices.

I can't simply offer a discount to the wholesale customer because one product may have a 30% discount and the other a 40% and another a 50% discount.....
Old 06-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the message. I totally understand what you mean.

The only solution that I can see that can work here is to create duplicate products — for wholesale customers and general customers.

Then, if you already have a category for wholesale customers, you'll just need to assign duplicated products to the category.

This way, you'll be able to manage your products for wholesale customers separately.

I hope this helps.

If you have other questions — feel free to ask.