The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:15 PM

Coupon code limit by

I have set up one of my discount coupon code limit by category. Now some of these products are in another category and I want to limit the use of this coupon code on these particular products.
Can I limit by category and also by product.
My clearance page http://www.wildflowersaromatherapy.c...rance-page.php is set up correctly and coupon codes are not activated.
On this page http://www.wildflowersaromatherapy.com/warm-buddy.php I have some products that are also in the clearance page that I want to stop the use of this coupon code. How do I set up these products not to accept the coupon code?
I checked the tutorials but they don't go in depth how to manage a situation as this.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sauer View Post
I have set up one of my discount coupon code limit by category. Now some of these products are in another category and I want to limit the use of this coupon code on these particular products.
Can I limit by category and also by product.
My clearance page http://www.wildflowersaromatherapy.c...rance-page.php is set up correctly and coupon codes are not activated.
On this page http://www.wildflowersaromatherapy.com/warm-buddy.php I have some products that are also in the clearance page that I want to stop the use of this coupon code. How do I set up these products not to accept the coupon code?
I checked the tutorials but they don't go in depth how to manage a situation as this.
Hi, Peter

In Ecwid it is possible to create discount coupon codes. These coupons can be applied to all the products in your store, to a product category or certain products only. A discount coupon code itself is a secret code. This code, if used, grants a customer a discount on a purchase.

You can limit your discount coupons by the following features:

-Orders
-Customers
-Order Subtotal
-Number of Uses
-Products and Categories

These coupon limits can be defined at Ecwid Control Panel > Promotions > Discount Coupons. Create a new discount coupon by clicking “New Coupon”and find ‘no limits’ link beside it:

If you click it the pop-up will open:

Here you can define the needed limitations that you want your discount coupon to have. If you already set a discount limitation to a certain category you can reset it. If you want to apply this coupon to certain products, you can set it as well.

If I understood you correctly, Peter, some time ago you applied a discount coupon to a specific product category. Then you moved some products from this category to another and want to apply the discount to these products only. Basically you should change the coupon’s limit from category to products. Here’s how you can do that:
1)Find the discount coupon that you want to use and click ‘limits’ link.
2)In the pop-up window click [Limit by product] as marked in screenshot above.
3)Choose the needed products and click “Apply” to save the changes.

That’s it. Now your discount coupon will limit only to the products you chose.

Hope this suggestion is helpful. But if you still have any questions, please let me know. I will be glad to help you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

:arrow_down: Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM

Thanks Stanley,all is ok now.

Peter
Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sauer View Post
Thanks Stanley,all is ok now.

Peter
Thanks for the update! Glad it worked.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

:arrow_down: Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.