The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:15 AM

Moving store from wix.com to websitex5

First, does ecwid work using Website X5 Evolution 12?
Right now, I am using wix.com to host my company and ecwid for the store.
I plan to re-write my site using WebsiteX5.
How do I move my store away from wix?
Is there a direct link I would then use to re-direct to my ecwid store inside the new website? They don't have a 'plug-in' for ecwid like wix has.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi Hou View Post
First, does ecwid work using Website X5 Evolution 12?
Right now, I am using wix.com to host my company and ecwid for the store.
I plan to re-write my site using WebsiteX5.
How do I move my store away from wix?
Is there a direct link I would then use to re-direct to my ecwid store inside the new website? They don't have a 'plug-in' for ecwid like wix has.
Hello Demi,

thank you for getting in touch with us.

Ecwid is compatible with practically all modern sitebuilders and CMS, provided that they allow to publish custom HTML code in page content.

According to Website X5, you can edit the HTML code of the page, which means that you should also be able to add custom content.

Although, Website X5 doesn't have a ready application or plug-in for installing Ecwid, you can try to insert Ecwid Product browser widget, that will load your Catalog on the page.

You can generate the code for Product Browser widget in our Help Center. Insert the ID of your store and copy-paste the given code to Website X5.

The same for other widgets: Cart, Search box and Categories. Each have a corresponding script.

The main purpose of a ready application: generate these widgets automatically, but manual installation is possible too. You can start to build your new website, while your store is still live on Wix. Ecwid can be installed on as many websites simultaneously, as needed. Therefore, your sales won't be interrupted and you can make the migration smooth.

You will not have to add a direct link from Wix site to Website X5 one. Your store will be installed on the new location. However, you may want to redirect the users from the older website to the new one.
This should be possible with configuring a 301 redirect from previous domain to the new one. You can reach out to your domain name provider for exact steps.

I need to pay your attention, that your Ecwid account is currently subscribed to Premium plan through Wix and this is not possible to change. If you install the store on an alternative platform, you will still be paying to Wix company for the store's Premium plan.

If you plan to switch from Wix permanently, you'll have to downgrade and close the current account and register a new one directly with Ecwid. Plans and pricing for direct accounts are provided here.

Your current Premium subscription equals direct Business plan in the set of features and product limits. You can tell, that direct Business plan is more expensive. That's because Wix company is partnering with us and offers an exclusive price for Premium plan to Ecwid users on Wix.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.