The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:20 AM

Desperate for Afterpay

How can we help you?

Please provide the link to your storefront

I am at the point where I am losing sales to my competitors due to me not being able to offer Afterpay (it is huge in Australia). I know Shopify have the ability to offer Afterpay on storefronts.

So before I jump ship and start my shop all over again, I was just wondering if there were any plans at all for it to be implemented? I was advised that I could pay for it to be added to my shop, but at $900 US it really isn't an option.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Forchin-Smith View Post
How can we help you?

Please provide the link to your storefront

I am at the point where I am losing sales to my competitors due to me not being able to offer Afterpay (it is huge in Australia). I know Shopify have the ability to offer Afterpay on storefronts.

So before I jump ship and start my shop all over again, I was just wondering if there were any plans at all for it to be implemented? I was advised that I could pay for it to be added to my shop, but at $900 US it really isn't an option.

Thanks
Hello,

This is Stacy from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Thank you for your message! I'm here to help you with it.

In general, Ecwid is integrated with several well-known and trusted payment gateways that allow processing payments. At the moment we have a built-in integration with the following services for Australia merchants:

You can see this list in your control panel > Payment page > scroll it down and click on 'Choose Payment Processor' button.

There is no a ready integration with Afterpay. I do not have an exact ETA or status of it's implementation. I'm sorry about it.

If Ecwid doesn't support a payment gateway you need, you can use this option:
  • If the gateway supports Authorize.Net SIM emulation, you can totally set it up in Ecwid, here are the details: Using gateways that can emulate Authorize.Net SIM. If you are not sure whether the gateway can emulate Authorize.Net or not, please consult the gateway documentation or ask the gateway company directly on this matter.

I hope this helps.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Stacy_P; 03-01-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:07 AM

Afterpay is well respected and received in Australia, half of your list you attached I've never heard of before and I've been in this game a long time.. so as a consumer in Australia - would you be trusting a payment gateway or portal that you have never heard of? I'll let you answer that one truthfully quietly to yourself before you spit out the same copied and pasted responses that your team seem to be doing oh very so too many times in regards to the Afterpay integration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew Newton For This Useful Post:
sheridan tjhung (06-17-2019)
Old 03-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Newton View Post
Afterpay is well respected and received in Australia, half of your list you attached I've never heard of before and I've been in this game a long time.. so as a consumer in Australia - would you be trusting a payment gateway or portal that you have never heard of? I'll let you answer that one truthfully quietly to yourself before you spit out the same copied and pasted responses that your team seem to be doing oh very so too many times in regards to the Afterpay integration.
Hi Matthew!

This is Kenga from Ecwid Customer Care team.

I'm very sorry that such a vital payment method for your business as Afterpay is not yet available in Ecwid. We agree that many of our clients really need some features to be available in Ecwid. We respect your business and we appreciate your patience. It is important for us to ensure that our services help clients to save time and money, that they are at the highest possible level of quality. Every day we get a lot of different feedback regarding the Ecwid features and we are trying to listen to every little thing that would make our clients happier. This is why we are here. There are many Ecwid features that were created based on the ideas posted by our clients.

All the feature requests are thoroughly reviewed by our team. And they’re always welcome since they help to improve our product.

I should note that the process of a feature development is complex, it always takes time for a new feature to be added or an existing functionality to be improved due to the high level of quality control in Ecwid.

We understand that the features you are talking about are important for you and for your clients and we know that the lack of any feature may cause frustration. Our developers are aware of the request to add Afterpay on the list of the available payment methods in Ecwid. To our regret, we can't give you any ETA on this. Once our developers decide to implement this option, we'll surely update you.

For the time being, you can use the following online payment methods in Australia:

- Square
- Stripe
- AmEx
- eWay
- iPay88
- Network Merchants
- PayPal
- 2Checkout
- e-Path

Ecwid works only with secure and trusted payment gateways. There is an increasingly-high standard for data encryption which payment gateway providers must comply with, called PCI.
Ecwid is PCI DSS validated Level 1 Service Provider which is the highest international standard for secure data exchanges for online stores and payment systems.
See Ecwid’s Attestation of Compliance with PCI DSS for Level 1 Service Providers.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write back. Have a nice day!

Ecwid team
Old 03-02-2018, 02:02 AM

Ok thanks for that. Sadly it looks like I will have to move to Shopify asap.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

We are sorry to hear that you decided to stop using Ecwid. I'd like to let you know, that our Product Team are aware of the interest in integration with Afterpay. We will surely notify you via email when any news on this integration appear.

In the meantime, please, feel free to ask any questions. We are always here to assist you with any concern.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 PM

I also have several websites using ECWID and I REALLY REALLY want you guys to add Afterpay. Afterpay is different from many payment methods in that it provides interest-free payment by installements to the client and certainty of payment /ease of use to the merchant.
- It would be great if the ECWID product team seriously looked into Afterpay and let us know a definite position/schedule.
- In the meantime / failing that is this not something an ECWID App developer could provide? I would be ready to pay a few dollars a month to make this available on my websites...

Thanks. -
Old 04-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

Quote:
I also have several websites using ECWID and I REALLY REALLY want you guys to add Afterpay. Afterpay is different from many payment methods in that it provides interest-free payment by installements to the client and certainty of payment /ease of use to the merchant.
Thank you for this comment and explanation — it's really helpful. It's a great description regarding the importance of Afterpay for the Australian merchants and their customers. And I've also passed your comment on to our product team.

Quote:
It would be great if the ECWID product team seriously looked into Afterpay and let us know a definite position/schedule.
We share all the feedback you provide with our product team, and every piece is thoroughly reviewed. And we really appreciate that you take your time to share your ideas with us.

At the moment, there's no timeline set for this integration. As soon as we have any updates, our team will definitely post them in this thread.

Quote:
In the meantime / failing that is this not something an ECWID App developer could provide? I would be ready to pay a few dollars a month to make this available on my websites...
Unfortunately, as of now, there's no workaround, free or paid, that would allow accepting payments via Afterpay in Ecwid store.

As my colleagues mentioned in the previous posts, there are a bunch of other payment solutions available for the Australian merchants. I totally understand that they don't cover all the options that Afterpay provides, but they still allow accepting online payments in your Ecwid store.

If you have any questions, please let us now. We'll be happy to help you however we can.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 AM

Thanks Edward,
An idea - could you not organize a survey to all your Australian customers and ask them how important Afterpay is to them? I would hate to switch but at some point I would have to consider if we are losing too much business because of the lack of Afterpay or similar solution...
thx
Old 04-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc2 View Post
Thanks Edward,
An idea - could you not organize a survey to all your Australian customers and ask them how important Afterpay is to them? I would hate to switch but at some point I would have to consider if we are losing too much business because of the lack of Afterpay or similar solution...
thx
Hello,

This is Rina from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Thank you for your idea. We have passed it to our product managers and added it to the Feature Requesters List. However, at the moment we cannot give any ETA. We've added you to our mailing list associated with it, so if we release the integration, we'll notify you about it by email.

Thank you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rina123 For This Useful Post:
luc2 (04-18-2018)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.