The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Inserting flash video

Good day.

We are trying to add a custom flash video into the products description. But it does not seem to show this if we add it via the editor. the video works and is valid. It just shows a blank area in the testing product.

you can view the test product here

Any help will be appreciated

thank you
Old 06-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Pretorius View Post
Good day.

We are trying to add a custom flash video into the products description. But it does not seem to show this if we add it via the editor. the video works and is valid. It just shows a blank area in the testing product.

you can view the test product here

Any help will be appreciated

thank you
Hello,

The reason why the video is not uploaded correctly is most likely that the URL you are using is not valid. I tried adding the embed code to a simple HTML page and the video was not uploaded either which means the issue is not related to Ecwid editor. It is caused by the flash video player you use.

In order to add the video to product description successfully I recommend you a simple instruction from our Knowledge base: How to Add a Video to Your Product Description
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 AM

Thank you for the reply. The thing is I used the editor's video insert option, thus I recon one would expect it to work by default. The flv file is a valid file and plays when pointing to it directly that I have tested. thus maybe the editor is adding it incorrectly ?

have a good day
Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Pretorius View Post
Thank you for the reply. The thing is I used the editor's video insert option, thus I recon one would expect it to work by default. The flv file is a valid file and plays when pointing to it directly that I have tested. thus maybe the editor is adding it incorrectly ?

have a good day
Hello,

The reason why the video file is not being played is that you are embedding the file directly to the HTML page. The option you used (insert embedded media) allows to insert flash object including video players or .swf, but it is not a video player. The .flv file you use must either be linked or embedded to a .swf file, then you can embed the .swf file to the web page. Or you can insert a video player into your site page. There are a lot of side video players, you can install one of them on your site. Please, refer here for details: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3190332AANVkPZ

However the easiest solution in this situation would be using this instruction in our knowledge base: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853306/...uctdescription
You can upload your flv file to YouTube and embed it to your product description. Apart from the fact that it is really easy to add the embed code to the HTML editor in product description tab YouTube provides hosting for your video. And it allows to promote your video - you can add it to other sites or to your page in the social network which can attract more customers to your store and increase sales.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:38 AM

hi there. thank you for the replay.
Will try what you said,cant upload to youtube as the video's ARE the product being sold. thus they want snippet there and have it more exclusive to the site.

thanks

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
flash, products, video